Blown tranny

rays brother

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I think the tranny just blew in Barney this morning on the way to work. I made it to work. Now it's getting the car home is probably going to be a problem. 2/3 cars that I have are out of service.

I wanna hear the story about why youre thinking it's the tranny!! Please please please -jumps around all excited-

I wanna hear the story about why youre thinking it's the tranny!! Please please please -jumps around all excited-

Well because when I pulled into a gas station I was blocked and then I started to try and move again, the car would just rev up as I hit he gas. Then finnally i heard a loud bang and then a cloud of amok behind. Then when I left and tried to go he rest of he way to work it WOULDNT go out of 2nd gear.

Did you check your fluid level? The cloud of smoke makes me wonder if you didn't blow a seal.

Won't leave second means the solenoids are smoked usually... default gear if the solenoids fail is 2nd in the 4r70w.

hey, I've got a similar problem. I replaced the 1-2 accumulator piston, springs, and changed the fluid/filter, went for a drive, got on the freeway, and no 3rd or 4th either, just stays in 2nd. worked fine right before all that, its really bumming me out though! got done with the whole front susp. rebuild, then this tranny issue. well I hope it's something as simple as that and not something mechanical, I have no 'check lights' on though, soo i'm not sure if thats an issue or not...

hey, I've got a similar problem. I replaced the 1-2 accumulator piston, springs, and changed the fluid/filter, went for a drive, got on the freeway, and no 3rd or 4th either, just stays in 2nd. worked fine right before all that, its really bumming me out though! got done with the whole front susp. rebuild, then this tranny issue. well I hope it's something as simple as that and not something mechanical, I have no 'check lights' on though, soo i'm not sure if thats an issue or not...

Just want to point out that this is a thread hijack, but it sounds to me like you didn't plug everything back in, inside the tranny pan when you did accum. pistons and stuff...

Drove home from work yesterday, and he far was fine the whole way home. Left the overdrive off and it ran like normal. So I don't have the slightest idea. I have another car problem for a daily driver. I have to trade it in and need to buy another vehicle. I need a truck but nothing very expensive. So the Lincoln mite be sitting for the rest of the year until I get extra money to fix it

Members online

No members online now.
Back