slotted and almost drilled rotors

2002_lincolnLS

Custom User Title
Reaction score
so i had huge brake problems recently i had two sticky calipers which completely wore the inside pads and then :q:q:q:qed up my rotors. pretty sure the :q:q:q:qty pads are what caused all of this because they threw dust like crazy and my calipers weren't locking up before i think the dust may have worked its way into the slides, sooo i went up to my friendly summit racing and bought ebc slotted and drilled rotors and ebc red stuff pads. as it turns out they are actually crossed drilled like i was told but eh what ever

rotor.jpg

so i had huge brake problems recently i had two sticky calipers which completely wore the inside pads and then :q:q:q:qed up my rotors. pretty sure the :q:q:q:qty pads are what caused all of this because they threw dust like crazy and my calipers weren't locking up before i think the dust may have worked its way into the slides, sooo i went up to my friendly summit racing and bought ebc slotted and drilled rotors and ebc red stuff pads. as it turns out they are actually crossed drilled like i was told but eh what ever

haha!!!! eh ur not the only one...dished out 200 bucks for some zinc coated slotted and drilled rotors with the center painted black....turns out they just dipped the entire rotor in black paint and when the guy installed them when we tested them the friction f*cked up the paint and rotor and we had to sand the paint off the pads and rotors because they made a horrible noise and made the car feel like it was going to fall apart whenever i hit the brakes. on top of that i bought hawk hps pads and while they brake pretty good they squeak more then a semi coming to a creeping halt. couldnt take it anymore so i bought more new brakes and rotors from the people i usually get them from. true zinc coated slotted and drilled rotors and pads. 180 shipped now i just got to wait to install those bad boys.

oh yea and watch out for those ebc pads....nycls8's brake pads failed and broke apart so needless to say eh wasnt too thrilled and hasnt bought ebc stuff since. most people on here go with r1's.

Never had a problem with my EBC red stuff pads.
The rotors I got from them were nothing to write home about though. They made a ton of noise from day one, and the best EBC would do for me when I complained about them, was tell me to have them turned.
EBC uses a break in coating on their pads that eats the paint off of the rotors. If you don't use their pads you're supposed to sand the paint off of the friction surface of the rotors before driving on them.

haha!!!! eh ur not the only one...dished out 200 bucks for some zinc coated slotted and drilled rotors with the center painted black....turns out they just dipped the entire rotor in black paint and when the guy installed them when we tested them the friction f*cked up the paint and rotor...
This wasn't from the group buy from RotorPros, was it?

Did you know they were only dimpled?

oh yea and watch out for those ebc pads....nycls8's brake pads failed and broke apart so needless to say eh wasnt too thrilled and hasnt bought ebc stuff since. most people on here go with r1's.

What is r1's?

There was an ebay deal a while ago that offered pads, rotors, and SS braid hoses at a good price. Did anyone take advantage? Feedback and link if possible, please!

KS

Did you know they were only dimpled?

no the summit catalog said slotted and cross drilled and so did the summit rep but like i said the old rotors were trashed and i had the ebc ones sitting next to so i obviously had to use them

I didn't go through any group buy or any special packages but I bought some on drilled and slotted rotors with pads from R1 Concepts' eBay store. They work pretty good. I think I only paid 180 for them shipped about 7 or 8 months ago. Still work fine. I would suggest buying some better pads though. The ones that came with the rotors from R1 kinda suck. Squeak a grip.

Members online

No members online now.
Back