What do you guys think?

bearsfan39

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
my dad bought some wheels for his ls, they are DBL-G 505's 18 inch with a 40 offset, here are some pics, let me know what you guys think

2010-07-28_19-21-23_976[1].jpg

2010-07-28_19-22-43_713[1].jpg

2010-07-28_19-23-05_305[1].jpg

2010-07-28_19-23-21_432[1].jpg

U and ya dad have an ls. Cool. I'm on my BB so I can't really see the wheels too well

U and ya dad have an ls. Cool. I'm on my BB so I can't really see the wheels too well

yea i actually had mine first, and like 3 months after i bought mine, he was like "man i really like your car and especially for the price" and a week later he had an ls lol

andrizzle- i don't really like the wheels, they look good buy just not my style, he really likes them though

Thats cool, the ls was suppose to go to my dad after a year of me using it but I liked it too much to give up, going on almost 2 years. Black rims look sweet but change once on the car. Some just dont pop enough to make the car look nicer. Will have to see them mounted too

hes not the quickest to do things lol but i will post pics once they are mounted

Judging from the picture, the rims are flat black. I think they would like better with a glossy black finish on the rims. As for the styling of the rims, they do not fit my particular taste, I am more of a simple straight edged spokes type of guy. Because of the curve in-ward, I suppose to give the appearance of a bigger dish without sacrificing offset, the rims look quite smaller than 18". Maybe 19" of this style of rim would've sufficed a bit better, or if he dropped the ride height to a lower sportier stance, taking up some of the wheel wall, it would look very nice.

Judging from the picture, the rims are flat black. I think they would like better with a glossy black finish on the rims.

Agree...they look like spare tire wheels. They need some gloss & shine

Also...

Tell him to color match that damn grille.. :D

i keep telling him to but he won't listen lol

also, again its not my style and they sell for around $200 each new and he bought a set of four for 325 so even if they don't look good he could turn around and sell them and get something different

Not bad...Tinted windows would help out with the look he is going for. Is he planning on having them tinted?

Not bad...Tinted windows would help out with the look he is going for. Is he planning on having them tinted?

he wants to plus they made 35% all around legal in illinois so he's been thinking about that

Those are Nice bro, are chrome 20's or 22's too big for this car? and will it look Retarded?

Agree...they look like spare tire wheels. They need some gloss & shine

This. ^

Maybe OK on an all-black car going for the "murdered-out" look, but I think on the silver they just look dull. Simple chrome spokes would look best IMO, but hey, it's not mine, so whatever HE likes is important.

Andy

Members online

No members online now.
Back