Wide Body Lincoln LS

kingtonghsp

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I've seen a picture of a guy that had a black Lincoln LS with Wide Body kit on it. I don't know how he did it, but are there anymore of these?

Where do I get THIS done at? Im excited!

Yea its the owner of Spec clutches. Only one, full fiberglass or carbon fiber fenders, something ridiculous IIRC.

I need to take my LS in to get this done. Where do I go, who do I need to talk too, and how much am I looking at?

I also want to swap a better motor into it. I think he's got a 4.6 in his.
I think im aiming for a Jaguar motor in mine. Good ole Afghanistan is paying me good :)

I need to take my LS in to get this done. Where do I go, who do I need to talk too, and how much am I looking at?

I think im aiming for a Jaguar motor in mine. Good ole Afghanistan is paying me good :)

The money it would take is far more than your LS could possibly be worth. The body kit would have to be a full custom job. He had a full custom rear end on his. Also, you'd have to run dual ecu's to run the motor plus whateverything else runs on because the ecu cannot be programmed for the jag engine. All of the work would be fully custom and super expensive. Even just to super charge and tune the engine you have would run you in the nieghborhood of $6000. Then you'd need better brakes, suspesion, etc...

There is alot of disscusion on this matter in the LS high performance forum. Check it out, it's definetly some good reading and if you really love the LS and want to drop the coin, it's a good place to start. Good luck though. I'm actually building a custom kit right now, but wide kits are way more difficult.

If you have the 3.9, You already have a jaguar engine. :rolleyes:

If you are considering doing what he did, and paying for all the wrench/tuning time, you may need to set aside about 40-50K. It's a computer/electronics nightmare. Everything is custom, one-off stuff. Lots of custom fabrication and modifications needed. This ain't a mustang build.

Sell it and buy a Mark viii. :D

I been on there a bit.. One was looking at wheels and said that it was what the LS guys would put on there car.. I said something and probably got my a$$ drilled for it.. ;)

Do a little searching on the forum for motor swap and yes visit the performance section. I have a feeling you are going to be disappointed. Sorry dude, we've all been there. Look at what Quik and Cammerfe have done / are doing.

On a side note, there is a really nice looking S-Type R sitting in a car lot near me. I've been meaning to stop by for a closer look.

"There is a fine line between insanity and brilliance"

Can't figure out who that quote was from, but I like it. I would like to admit, with supporting a family, and doing the LS up the way I want, it will be a struggle. Especially because im going into business for myself after the Army, but I am so in love with the LS. Ever since 2006 when I bought my first 2005 Lincoln LS V6. The wide body kit has always been of an eye candy to me, and i've done quite a bit of research in my local area of shops that may be able to do it, but none are worthy to touch the LS. They handle things like Expeditions with all kinds of stupid fake fender grill badges and ridiculous M&M and Skittles theme's for seats. Not my sort of thing. I may have to travel outside of Texas to get this done.

As far as the swap, I may have to hold off and just be satisfied with a Intake, Exhaust upgrade for now. I have an insatiable hunger to make the Lincoln and a memorable car for the public eye. I just can't believe why Lincoln/Ford discontinued this work of art.

Sad really.

If you want it faster, do a 3400 stall TC, 4.30's, and a locker. With a supporting tune. Maybe throw some nitrous at it.

Can you speak in simple terms for me? I am not too saavy in terms of auto lingo. Just a young man trying to create a masterpiece out of what is already sheer beauty and some what of a best. ;)

If you don't know what a locker, 4.10s, and a tc are, then I would say putting a 4.6 is strait out of the question..

Not quite. Maybe if someone could point me in the right direction, educate me in the ways, the vision would not be so much of a mirage?

Nothing is out of the question, merely just a bit more...complicated perhaps?

Well, be a good friend and tell me what they are? I would appreciate it.

locker - middle school lingo

I love the Lincoln LS, but your car looks horrible. Kind of wondering why you would go with such a generic scheme, and where your sense of style is at. Certainly I hope your taste in cars doesn't reflect on your sense of humor.
Quite sad really.

I love the Lincoln LS, but your car looks horrible. Kind of wondering why you would go with such a generic scheme, and where your sense of style is at. Certainly I hope your taste in cars doesn't reflect on your sense of humor.
Quite sad really.

he did what he wanted to do to his car, but it truly is quite sad that your looking to do a complete custom job on your ls and put in a 4.6 and you don't know the simplest stuff, and honestly put that type of wide body kit is probably the ugliest thing to do and your car would look a thousand times worse then his and the only thing that would be better would be you having a bigger engine

+1 on that..

4.10s= rear end gears..
Tc= trans converter
Locker= locks the rear axle so that both wheels spin..

there's your pre-schooling..

Has anyone actually priced out how much $$$ it would be to transplant a 4.6 into the LS?

he did what he wanted to do to his car, but it truly is quite sad that your looking to do a complete custom job on your ls and put in a 4.6 and you don't know the simplest stuff, and honestly put that type of wide body kit is probably the ugliest thing to do and your car would look a thousand times worse then his and the only thing that would be better would be you having a bigger engine

I guess you haven't grasped the concept of "interrogative information gathering". Not many, if any, are born with the knowledge of mechanical terms or procedures. Therefore many, if any, gather their information and knowledge from books, internet, videos, classes, or simply asking peers on a forum. If this "truly" gives you a notion of sadness, than you were a sad person to begin with.

As for the wide body kit being uglier than a generic 2 tone color scheme, with spray painted stock rims...then I must be completely honest from a general point of view and confess to you, that your lack of taste in cars is quite misguided by the affection you have for your fellow man. Quite bias, and quite feminine, for you to come running to his rescue. Like a little school girl throwing her books to the side of the road and prancing as fast as she can to her friend with her little band-aid ready to help!

If you wanted to be helpful, the information I asked for would've sufficed. Everything else is not needed. "Oh you can't do that because you don't know what this is, or what that is..."

Ridiculous for you to sit there and tell me, or anyone else what they can or cannot do...I hope you don't treat your kids this way when or if anyone is dumb enough to have children with you. I can see it now.
"Father, can you help me with my math homework?"
"RIDICULOUS! You don't know how to multiply!? How sad you don't already know this!"

Members online

Back