Finished pics of the Bumper, Grille, and Rear Surround

FASTLLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally got everything on and sorta buffed out. First time with a buffer in my hands so I didn't want to just burn the hell out of the paint so I took it easy first time around. These are before I clay bar'd it. I planed on buffing it tonight but the rain ruined my plans.

5bf079fd.jpg

e19e38f4.jpg

c72ff5c6.jpg

af5db498.jpg

a7e05739.jpg

Pic of the buffer I used
f965893e.jpg

Thanks for looking guys. If you could give me a tip on how to remove that dealer crap, I would appreciate it.

All I did was leave it out in the sun for a day and the heat loosened up the adhesive and it came off with my fingernail.

The whole car? No.. Just the bumper. I clay bar'd the car and planed to buff it later but it rained, ruining my plans.

Thanks, I will try that. I didn't think it was that easy. At work, we use hot water and a razor blade but I've seen that scratch the paint pretty bad so I wanted a better way.

VHT adhesive remover, thats how I debadged my LS. Works good on decals too.

I think I'm getting a hang of it. We'll see how I do with the rest of the car. I really like the oversize handle. Makes it easier to control where you want it to go. I didn't go past 3 and that was for the glaze.

I could try that too Linc'.. I'll see how the FREE :)D) method works first.. :D

Thanks. I think I am going to go with the Midnight Grey/Sterling Silver Metallics.. Next in line (probably later in the year) is silver wheels.

If anyone knows of some 5 spoke 18+ wheels that look good on the LS, let me know.

I'll get you your message today dude. Sorry, I was working on a front page ad for work until late last night, and completely forgot.

Quick tip: You rarely need to go past speed three with the makita. That's the same polisher I use.

I know. I couldn't get a good shine so I thought maybe I go a bit faster. I couldn't keep it flat without bouncing so I was like nope, not the answer.

From that one pic, you can kinda see what I am dealing with. I may need to wet sand again.

Rotaries are all about balance. If you keep it balanced right, it won't bounce.

What pads/compounds are you using?

I used the yellow wool pad that came with it and medium cut compound. then went to a yellow foam pad with swirlx. Then a finishing pad with glaze.

everything is meguars. including the pads minus the one that came with it. of course

Looks cleaner now. Good job. How was using the buffer? First time with it and no prior experience? I want to order one soon so I can work on mine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back