Changed exhaust again!!!!

NickT88LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So, here is the story,

1) my first exhaust was 2 1/2 with x-pipe, magnaflow center dual inlet/outlet muffler and 2 rear magnaflow mufflers. Was a littel quiet for me so I removed the rear mufflers, I loved it but the cops did not.

2) So I bought a pair of used mufflers (I think bassani) from a mustang that were like 20 years old, they are stainless though. Put them on and car was quieter again. Even though the mufflers were stainless the necks were not and were thin and kept breaking and I kept repairing them. So finally I said screw this.

3) I now put 2 rear magnaflow bullet style mufflers in, and sounds good to me. I attached a sound clip and pics, the crackling is my :q:q:q:qty camera, if I could get a better recording device or maybe stay away from car more might be better, but the exhaust does not crackle like the vid.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur37pcNCgSk

10791 x-pipe.jpg

11379 dual in-out.jpg

12866 round.jpg

LS bullet mufflers 001 (Small).JPG

LS bullet mufflers 002 (Small).JPG

LS bullet mufflers 003 (Small).JPG

magnapacks !! i love them had on my Gt with a catted x pipe sounds soo sexy on WOT !

Nick, you sir are the most informational exhaust poster this site has ever seen. I dont care what it sounds like runs like, or the quality of your vids. You are the ONLY one i have ever seen actually post the part numbers so people can get the same thing if they so choose. WIN for you sir!

Nice sound! I went to the Maganflow's website to see if that center muffler was an Xpipe style , but it was not. They do offer two Part# 12568 and 12468, this has built in so no addtional Xpipe is needed.

Nice sound! I went to the Maganflow's website to see if that center muffler was an Xpipe style , but it was not. They do offer two Part# 12568 and 12468, this has built in so no addtional Xpipe is needed.

I did have a mid muffler with built in x pipe at one point, but the body was 5x8 which bottomed out all the time since my car is lowered so I had to use the 4 inch one

Nick, you sir are the most informational exhaust poster this site has ever seen. I dont care what it sounds like runs like, or the quality of your vids. You are the ONLY one i have ever seen actually post the part numbers so people can get the same thing if they so choose. WIN for you sir!

Yes I have been doing exhaust a long time, had 2 exhaust shops through the years and worked at Midas, still have a friend with an exhaust shop that allows me to do exhaust work, so I change a lot and cost is minimum. I dont think I ever owned a car that did not have modified exhaust, I had a 78 coupe De Ville I ram dual in with a experimental (sounds good) x/h combination, had a couple of 85 Toronado's with dual tails, I was doing LSC large diameter tails when those cars were new before anyone was doing it, I am and exhaust nut. I have made bike exhaust also.

Yes I have been doing exhaust a long time, had 2 exhaust shops through the years and worked at Midas, still have a friend with an exhaust shop that allows me to do exhaust work, so I change a lot and cost is minimum. I dont think I ever owned a car that did not have modified exhaust, I had a 78 coupe De Ville I ram dual in with a experimental (sounds good) x/h combination, had a couple of 85 Toronado's with dual tails, I was doing LSC large diameter tails when those cars were new before anyone was doing it, I am and exhaust nut. I have made bike exhaust also.

If you search "NickT88LSC" on you tube I have a few vids of the car with diff. exhaust, I believe Tommy has some of my car also on his youtube sight under "NYCLSC" I believe.

If you search "NickT88LSC" on you tube I have a few vids of the car with diff. exhaust, I believe Tommy has some of my car also on his youtube sight under "NYCLSC" I believe.

Yessir. That's my user name on there. :D

And yes, Nick's an exhaust nut!! Or just a plain nut. ;)

Is this set up quieter than when you only had the mid muffler?

Members online

Back