00-02 Lincoln LS headlights, both, $50/each

Are you located in GA? Are the headlights sealed with black or grey glue?

Are you located in GA? Are the headlights sealed with black or grey glue?

No, I am in IL.

One has gray and one has black glue. (I think I know where this one is going... light rings?)

you can still open them, it's just not going to be as easy as heating up the grey sealant and pulling it apart, you'll have to cut it, which isn't hard if you have a smith n wesson :p

Driver's side headlight has gray glue

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Sh1-Dlnp6-_dXXmZjzHyYA?feat=directlink

IMG_0014%20copy.png

Just for anyone that isn't sure about buying from LVC, Sn8k is a great person and communicates very well. Stand up guy and for whats its worth he wouldnt scam or screw anyone. Gluck on the sale buddy!

To be honest I just completely trashed the last pair of headlights I bought because I received them already yellow and foggy with the film kinda pealing. SO I tried to remove with 2000 grade sand paper, COMPLETE DISASTER

I would like to buy there but I'm skeptical in ways. Would you be willing to open them and send them to me opened?

Why was it a complete disaster? Try going lower, start from maybe 1000 and go up to 2000. The part where people mess up when wetsanding the headlights is the time they take. You really really have to take your time to get good results.

here a write up, check it out
http://digmyhonda.com/wet-sanding-your-headlights-diy/

I heard somewhere that headlights have some kind of special coatings that you will remove when sanding.

To be honest I just completely trashed the last pair of headlights I bought because I received them already yellow and foggy with the film kinda pealing. SO I tried to remove with 2000 grade sand paper, COMPLETE DISASTER

I would like to buy there but I'm skeptical in ways. Would you be willing to open them and send them to me opened?

It will be more. $500 + shipping for the open headlight with gray glue.
I really don't want to open them but if money is good I can.

I heard somewhere that headlights have some kind of special coatings that you will remove when sanding.

It's a urethane type coating to prevent uv oxidation. You can either buy the coating, or use a quality paint sealant. If using a paint sealant, you will need to reapply every 6 months or so.

Members online

No members online now.
Back