Found the miss

Missing Linc'

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Started changing the plugs out today, went with Champion Copper Plus, half way through so far, taking a break cause its hot as hell out. Anyways, found out it wasnt a coil causing the miss-fire, well, Im pretty sure at least, plugs look like d!ck but the last one I pulled, oh man, rusty, burnt up, corroded nightmare. I think she'll like the copper plugs more than the nasty NGK's that were in there. Find out in about an hour when I finish and test out this new rear :D

Hope it works!

About how long did it take you to do a side? I just bought 8 new motorcraft plugs on ebay for $40 and I plan to change my plugs soon. I am debating also doing the coils but I have an 03 and my coils are covered up to 100,000 so I hate spending money when I can get Ford to do it for free....I hate changing the plugs and then having a bad/going bad coil foul a brand new plug and I kinda think I should just do all the coils while I'm at it, but......... haha I dunno.

Hope it works!

About how long did it take you to do a side? I just bought 8 new motorcraft plugs on ebay for $40 and I plan to change my plugs soon. I am debating also doing the coils but I have an 03 and my coils are covered up to 100,000 so I hate spending money when I can get Ford to do it for free....I hate changing the plugs and then having a bad/going bad coil foul a brand new plug and I kinda think I should just do all the coils while I'm at it, but......... haha I dunno.

About an hour per side, but your time and mileage will vary...

BTW, the dealer (at Ford's expense) is supposed to change the plug for each coil that is changed. Procedure is to always change the plug when the coil is changed. (The plug may have caused the coil failure, or failure of the coil may have damaged the plug.)

Hope it works!

Like Joe said, about an hour per side, been on and off all day tho, doing it while I was at work. I did coils and now Im doing plugs, wish I did it the other way around. Woulda saved a good amount of money.

Didnt do anything gear wise with the car, stock replacement everything, still have 3.58's.

Nice.Glad you'll finally get her back on the road. I'm going to put new plugs in mine soon too.Wasn't that bad the first time,so this time it should be a breeze

Started changing the plugs out today, went with Champion Copper Plus, half way through so far, taking a break cause its hot as hell out. Anyways, found out it wasnt a coil causing the miss-fire, well, Im pretty sure at least, plugs look like d!ck but the last one I pulled, oh man, rusty, burnt up, corroded nightmare. I think she'll like the copper plugs more than the nasty NGK's that were in there. Find out in about an hour when I finish and test out this new rear :D

This is EXACTLY what happened with my car. Started to misfire, and really the coils were in decent condition for 85k on em, but the plugs, especially the back of the motor were just shot. Rusty, black, and nasty as hellllll.

This is EXACTLY what happened with my car. Started to misfire, and really the coils were in decent condition for 85k on em, but the plugs, especially the back of the motor were just shot. Rusty, black, and nasty as hellllll.

Yea I saved all mine to remind me about how careless I was with changing them.

Oh well, she runs great now! Since its so hot and sticky out the Nittos just grip and pull, loving it!

Members online

Back