tittle problem?!?

soccer2live

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
so i purchased my car about 8 months ago from a private owner.. my registration sticker expired and in order for me to renew it i need to have the tittle under my name. When i went to the tax office to get the tittle changed to my name they were talking about something called the lemon law? im not very knowledgable about this law or what it is about.. they asked for a statement saying that i knew about the cars problems.. i repedetly asked the lady i was talking to to explain to me what the problem was.. she was a complete idiot. if any of you guys know how to solve this or have gone through this it would be really helpfull to hear from you! thanks!

You probably have a salvage title. Insurance totaled the car or the factory took it back because of major mechanical problems and someone rebuilt it and sold it to you. You have to go back to the seller.

Try Google lemon law.

the car does not have reconstructed or salvage tittle. it is a blue tittle

I'm sorry to be a grammar nazi and at first I thought it was a typo, but obv not....

It's title not tittle

Title's are a individual state thing, TX "blue title" not sure what that means. Try Car Fax, that may give you more information.

I remm when I bought my Car from a Ford dealer during the early stages of the "Recession" the dealer ended up filing bankruptcy. Thank jeebus for Ontario Motor Vehicle laws.

As gcwimmer states you most likely have some type of "branded title". If in fact it was a Lemon Law vehicle it means that the first owner of the car had some type of problem that could not be repaired to their satisfaction. The number of times you need to take the car in to the dealer for the same problem varies by state but most require at least 3 to 5 times without resolution. Typically once the owner files a claim with the state a representative from Ford will review the claim and make a determination. The customer is typically offered a new vehicle with credit for payments made. The Lemon Law vehicle is then sold by Ford at auction and the Title "branded" or its distroyed if it is a safety item like airbags, brakes, etc. The cars typically sell for a very depreciated value at auction since most banks will not finance a car with a branded title so it makes it harder for used car dealers to sell. The problem could be big like engine or small like paint. A Carfax is a good start....good luck:eek:

Confused

I'm sorry to be a grammar nazi and at first I thought it was a typo, but obv not....

It's title not tittle

I, too, am a little confused. I thought it was a misspelling and he was talking about the content of the upper front of a female's clothes.:)

KS

and thanks xford.. really helpful i guess i will have to look into it.. as far as the car goes it runs dream... never had any problems with it.. i baby it.. i care for it.. and i coudnt ask for a better car.. i drove from houston to florida and back 3 days ago.. best ride ever.. 18hr drive !!!!

You waited 8 months before transferring the tittie? :p

See, this is why I would go to the DMV with the buyer. To make sure they transfer the title immediately. I don't want to be liable for anything after I hand over the keys.

Some people will say anything to get you the read their threads. LOL!

Yeah i shouldnt have waited.. due to the fact im a broke college student, i waited 8 months.. i will make sure to NEVER EVER let that happen again.. as far as the problem goes.. it was due to the idiots at a lincoln dealership not being able to fix a missfire.. they tried 3 times.. previous owner complaint.. declared my amazing car a lemon :p

Yeah i shouldnt have waited.. due to the fact im a broke college student, i waited 8 months.. i will make sure to NEVER EVER let that happen again.. as far as the problem goes.. it was due to the idiots at a lincoln dealership not being able to fix a missfire.. they tried 3 times.. previous owner complaint.. declared my amazing car a lemon :p

To be honest, the coils on the LS do fail way more often than they should.

i agree.. i guess it explains the 100k miles guarantee they offer on the 03 and up..

Members online

Back