What was everyone's first car?

LS is my first car. A great way to start things off. I am having so much fun with it, imaging if it had an overload of an aftermarket parts :eek:...I'd be in heaven. But yeah, love it, love to drive it and just walk backwards away from it just to stare at that sexy beast. I miss it when she's in the shop, which has not been much except for coils cause the pcm go go crazy and I got rear ended.

My first car was an '89 Mustang 5.0 LX notch, 5-spd. Was pretty much stock but was a fun car.

09-27-2007094224am.jpg

01 chrysler sebring....piece of crap, blew the motor cause of motor overheating and sludge buildup. cracked the block and i actually dished out 4000 to fix it because of the sentimental value and because the body and interior was in perfect condition. i had it for another year and it pretty much got totaled. i made almost 3 times the money back from insurance then from what i paid for it. then i got my lincoln....so i guess it all worked out for the better....even though my injured head from the crash says otherwise.

1996 Nissan Altima lol
1992 Audio 100S

THEN now i got my Fckin 02 Rinkin LS V8 baby lol

first car in high school 1983

i had a 1973 plymouth roadrunner with a small bloc k 318 four barrel in it . lucky to still be alive after 4 years of driving that beast around but i twas a great car in high:D school

1990 Chevy Lumina Euro 3.1 - hand me down from my parents that was sideswiped by a semi while parallel parked. I replaced the driver's doors and did some bondo work, then hobbled around with it for a couple years until I went off to college. It had 220,000 miles and was getting up there in age. My aunt offered to sell me her 1994 Chevy Lumina Euro 3.1 w/ 80K miles for $800. I didn't really want the same make and model again, but it was cheap and the '90 had been reliable, and I just needed something to get me through college w/o a car payment. Drove that for 5 years, and now I'm driving the LS V8 and saving up for a 2011 Mustang 5.0.

1977 Chrysler Cordoba, spinnaker white with burgundy "corinthian leather". Had a 400 big block pushing an astounding 190hp LOL!! Unbelievable condition until I owned it and couldn't afford the maintenence since I was just in high school... I've had much better cars since then but I would love to get this one back because of the sentimental value...

1968 Mercury Cougar Red with black gut 302 4 speed. The only problem with the car was it had 4 wheel drum brakes. Talk about switching lanes while hammering brakes.(not my choice) Looking for another one right now to take my extra 436 SBF.

1965 Ford Falcon Futura. Coupe in metallic bronze with 120,000 miles. Non-synchromesh first, "three on a tree" manual transmission. Straight six motor. I was second owner and it was practically in mint condition inside and out. (We say "almost" mint because there was a busted spring coil in the back of the driver seat about six months after buying it. Poked through the seat cover and stabbed the driver in the middle of the back. Pulled sharp end of coil out through the hole about three inches, snipped it, put a small piece of tape that matched the color of the seat back over the hole....good to go.) Cost $500 in 1975. Sold it two years later with 147,000 miles for $550 when I went to school in NYC where a car is the last thing you need or can afford to park.

My first car was a '93 Cavalier RS. 2.2L engine, 3 speed auto. Sucked. But I got it free, and I was 17, so it was awesome.

I'm jumping onto this a little late...but hey, maybe there'll be a few more first car IDs or tales. Liked the amazing variety in the posts...and I did a search and found I'm not alone...

My first car was a 1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1, Standard Triumph Motor Company, Coventry, England. KC13183L. Conifer Green. Jenny. Not a British Leyland mark on it anywhere. 6 pac mac lists a '70 GT6...thanks for the company. Every powered conveyance since has a name and I know most of the VINs. Jenny was mine for $300...the Harley guy needed bread to get to Sturgis, late summer of '78. Still today, if you'd hear the family talking about Jenny...you 'd think it was sister or relative. Abraham (nods to both my home town hero and the father of nations,) our 2001 LS V8 Sport is the best car we've owned.

never noticed the thread so glad to see im not the only one with a late reply. First car was a 1987 S-10 Blazer. this isn't the EXACT pic of it...but close enough so you can get the idea. i bought it from my uncle for 1500 bucks and at the time i thought it was a hell of an idea. However the brake booster never released so i was replacing pads/rotors about every other month. Man i guess im glad that im not young and dumb...well atleast young :)
imgres

Hey never did post on this thread...my first car was a 2000 BMW 528i, nice car but had it's problems, traded up for my 2003 Lincoln LS Premium Sport, less than 6 months later. I was a pimp as a junior in high school with my LS back in the day lol

My first car was a 1974 Chevy Nova. I was 14yrs old and paid $125 for it. Straight inline 6. It was metalic mint green with a white vinyl top and green interior. Ugly has hell.

'86 Chevy Nova with a Toyota engine. Brought it home on a Saturday afternoon. By Friday the brakes were gone, among other things. It was my first experience with a major purchase, (I was 19,) and it was a very important learning experience for me. It was also the first, and only car I've ever owned that was less than $700.00.

Mine was.....

A puke yellow 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 XL 4 door. Bought it off my neighbor for $15 and put it together with bubble gum and duct tape! Loved the beast! She sure hauled a**!:D

I drove a 1990 Ford Thunderbird V6. Had a big a** dent in the side. I got it for 800 in Hawaii. Which means a $400 dollar car here on the mainland. The first day I had it the heater controller started smoking. I thought I had started a fire. LOL. Its amazing though By the time I left Hawaii, that car was almost perfect, except that dent in the side. I gave it away to my friends little brother. From what i here that car is still ticking along. Dent is still there. LOL.

1968 mustang coupe....302 4 barrel, long tube headers, midnight blue with silver chips in the paint was B E A utiful!!!!!! bought it when i was 14 for $500 hahah think that was a steal, didnt run and dropped 6 grand in 2 years with ALOT of wrench time and sweat....sold it when i went off to college for 15,000 so alot of fun and good return on my investment, you never forget your first!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back