picked up another mark today

87TTOPGT420

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So pulled into work this morning, and what do i see...a pearl white 95 base with ivory interior....took a quick glance, and went into the shop....find out that the owner and his buddy did an oil changed and added coolant or something to the oil (they admited to it) and drove the car and siezed the motor solid....

so we quoted an engine installation and the tally ran up to over $2500 so customer decided to by a 95 STS we had, and traded the blown up mark in....well only reason boss took it on trade is cause he new i wanted it for parts at the very least...

Ended up paying a bit more then i wanted $500....but it is well worth it...air ride still works body is mint...and has some chrome rims....kind of like the 20 spoke but a little more lacy looking...only other problem is the upper portion of drivers seat is ripped (big surprise)....i will post some pics tommorow when i bring my digital camera to work....already priced an engine (i have one but its in my 95 LSC parts car) $400 from a local auto recycler...i may fix this one, not sure yet....i will ask for some opinions once i get some pics, and totally go through car...

Cool deal. You might be able to make some of it back parting the engine.

other then the engine being seized and the cosmetic issues i posted in the pictures, car is in great shape undernearth, new brakes, solid front end with the exception of bent lower control arm and SRB's which is no big surprise....im really on the fence what i want to do with this one, i hate the ivory interior more then anything though
DSC02680.jpg

DSC02681.jpg

DSC02682.jpg

DSC02683.jpg

DSC02684.jpg

DSC02685.jpg

DSC02686.jpg

DSC02688.jpg

DSC02689.jpg

DSC02690.jpg

DSC02692.jpg

DSC02695.jpg

Throw in engine, ivory driver seat, new headliner and sell for a profit.

that would be ideal, but whats it worth $2000 if im lucky...more like $1500-1700...and where am i gonna find a ivory seat and headliner

With a new engine and headliner I would start the ad at $2995 and negotiate from there with someone. There is profit potential there even though it is a gen I. Another option and something I used to do is to consign the car to a dealer lot for more traffic and less hassle. Assuming the heads and block can be salvaged from the old engine, you should be able to make most of the cost of the engine back. If you can't find an Ivory seat, leave it as is. Since you hate the interior color it is better IMO to sell it after fixing.

car has got 196,000 kms (122,000miles) on it...if i was to keep it would need to see a dent wizard, and i would swap the interior for a more desireable colour

these cars have a poor resale value in my area, you guys in the states seem to fetch more..not much more

well after much thinking and some tough decisions.....im gonna bring this car back to its former glory....Ive decided to just keep driving my current mark, and make this car a project mark....I plan to swap the gut with a black interior (once i find a suitable donor) also will consider grey and tan...depending on what i find. But for now i plan to get the mechanical all A+++ going to be swapping an engine and im gonna be rebuilding the entire front end....you guys know LCA's, UCA's, SRB's, Inner/outer tie rods, front links and sway bar bushings (while engine is out for the bushings make life easier)

Also while engine is out, i plan to have the left manifold reconfigured going to delete the cat and weld in a pipe and bring the convertors (high flow) down next to the trans ( i saw a tread here where this was done, have not been able to find it since) also have to make a port where the EGR tube mounts to the manifold then going to install dual in dual out magnaflow mid mount and get custom tailpipes made for it. Also going to install my spare W3Z2 PCM during all this. Also in addition i have a complete hub swap for it so i can goto the 5x4.5 bolt pattern and open my world up for wheels, and also plan to swap some dual piston PBR calipers in the front from a 99-04 Mustang for a little added braking power

My overall goal is to make this my Mark VIII one that i cherish, and enjoy and one that when someone looks and says "damn this thing is clean"....i mean i enjoy my 93 black on black...but this 95 is a better canvas to get started on for my project....so as i get started i plan to start my own progress thread so you guys can see my progress, and also throw some ideas at me, so i can make this mark VIII what it once was

Well been along couple months but engine is in car runs great tons of power been out of a mark since september feels great to be back in another one

Nothing recent been snowy and crappy I'm gonna wait for some decent weather and give it the detail it deserves just got engine in yesterday decided to stick with the stock exhaust

But some of the things I did was new torque convertor, large trans cooler, later 4r70w deep trans pan and filter and front trans seal, resealed engine except head gaskets....gonna be pulling drivers seat to get it repaired and also a new headliner once the weather is better it will get some detail loving but for now I'm happy to have it back together you don't realize how much you miss it until your back driving it

As for the install it went great not for an amateur but compared to a northstar the mark viii is a walk in the park

And man a mark viii with coils blows compared to a viii with air ride hopefully it holds out for awhile but over the years I have managed to get a decent stock of air suspension parts so hopefully I can keep it going for awhile

Well after barely 2 weeks together I managed to sell it got a good buck $3000 now this weekend I plan to go pick up a 98 lsc black on black with 180,000 kms finally the car I wanted I can be like all the cool kids now will post pics once I get it home

Well after barely 2 weeks together I managed to sell it got a good buck $3000 now this weekend I plan to go pick up a 98 lsc black on black with 180,000 kms finally the car I wanted I can be like all the cool kids now will post pics once I get it home

Well played, congrats.

Members online

No members online now.
Back