magnaflow with no resonators?

airforcelse

LVC Member
Reaction score
ive recently installed a magnaflow catback on my 02 v8 lse but im not happy yet with the volume and tone i was told that if i put straight pipe in place of the resonators it will give me a little bite more of a deep and loud tone is this true and will i lose any power?

You should keep in mind that you are driving a Lincoln. Turning it into a 'donk' is just wrong, and so is making a degree of noise that calls undue attention.

I have spoken!!!;)
KS

its not that i want to attract attention i just want a little more sound and thats why im asking will this give me a little more tone or will it be to much and sound like :q:q:q:q? and again will i lose power?

Should make no difference in power. Sounds too much like what you hear in depressed areas---if you have any money, you get the busted muffler fixed.
KS

The busted-muffler-sound that you're too close to when you delete the resonators. JMO, of course :)
KS

Yeah, either keep the resonators on, or get some aeroturbine resonators or something. I don't knwo if it would change the sound or not, but if you do that, get them in 2.25", then upgrade the rest of your exhaust pipe to 2.25" at that time.

pektel i have the cat back magnaflow on there which is 2.5 the tone is perfect im just looking for it to be a little louder so i thought if i replace the resonators with pipe this would help with the volume.

Size

pektel i have the cat back magnaflow on there which is 2.5 the tone is perfect im just looking for it to be a little louder so i thought if i replace the resonators with pipe this would help with the volume.

Magnaflow cat-back is 2.25, not 2.5.
KS

finished up yesterday thanks for the advice in the end wound up running system the way it came but i did have to cut 4 inches of pipe from the muffler inlet to push the mufflers forward and have clearance to put s bends and attatch my tips.
vbpgimage.php
[/IMG]

thanks guys I was gonna go with dual tips but i wanted to do something i havent seen and I fell i love with these they are magnaflow oval replicas cost about $26 each and the magnaflows cost $120 each. heres the kicker i got the catback for $225. im interesred in getting a tune to get a little more power do you think that it will be worth it? how much and how do i do this im in ny on long island.

Didn't know. Just wondering since I just rigged an exhaust on my 85 chev pickup last fall. All the elbows could be ordered either ID or OD dimensions. Probably to use them as sleeves though. My mistake.

Members online

No members online now.
Back