back to the transmission story lol

Isurf

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Got the car 2months ago the 3rd week had a tranny problem, bring it in they say the "code" was reading new coil pack got it fixed. A month later it happens again now its an internal problem they said, but the funny thing is when the check transmission light came on the check engine light didn’t. After the shop looked at it, well I’ll be a nikker and call me Charley Daniels the check engine light was on hmmm did the dumb bitch disconnect it then just reconnected it when he got the car back? So anyways it has to be rebuilt for $2,600.12 (were the 12cents came from who the Fvck knows lol) need new shift solenoid and new gear cuz the gear decided to get hunger and eat all the other metal parts to it. The warranty company is Only ONLY throwing down $800 so that's left with like $1,800.12 (why can't the warranty company throw in the 12cents so they pay $800.12 god for bid they need to throw 12cents fvckin bitc) so it has been a week with no car cuz the dealer I got it from wouldn't give me a loaner. 1st excuse: we don't have any right now. 2nd excuse: since you had to bring it to a tranny spec shop we can't give you a loaner. WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS ARE THEY RUNNING? So the conclusion is:

1: Lincoln Ls's eat gears lol
2: Don't buy a car from a little dealer in Rhode Island
3: getting the car fixed...then kicking :q:q:q:qing doors in and getting the News Crew. BBB at there fckin door step and making sure the dealer and shop and everyone that's in it looses there job and wines up living out of a damn box

My trans was rebuilt shortly after I bought my car but my extended warranty covered about 2,500 of the 3,000 cost. And I wrote the dealer I bought the car from an email (I did some searching and was able to find the owner of the dealership's email address). Needless to say, he wasn't too happy hearing about his prestigious dealership selling a car and then a month later the tranny goes out. He called me and within a couple days I was sent a check for the balance (500).

Since the trans is shot anyway, pick the car up, drive it to a dealer and have them fix it and get a free rental. I know with my extended warranty, they are willing to pay full tabs if you take it to a place they select (sometimes these places are pretty shady though) but it's something to look into. Sorry for the crappy luck!

Edit - and also, did you buy the car from an actual dealer or just some private lot type thing? I got my car used from a Subaru dealer but they were still willing to help me out. Obviously a reputable dealer (one of the big name companies) has more money to throw around to keep their customer's happy than some little mom and pop shop

yeah i did what they said so they couldnt pull the "well you knoww you whent here bs" lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back