ok guys who have done cobra brake conversions in here.

now i want to paint my calipers too, i dont like the stock silver color, whatever i paint them, i will sand the paint back off the word cobra so that stays silver, but what the hell is gonna look good on black besides red, i dont want red calipers again like my 98 had.

i have a whole can of this color duplicolor brake caliper paint whats the opinion on this color?
G2blueebay.jpg

the calipers on my 93 are this color. might be hard to see
002.jpg

Yellow is nice.

The brighter, the better....:D

Do you still do p.c. jamie? If so i would coat them. I did mine(black &oragne)and mikes(red&black) both in two colors. I'm sure that you know how, but if not i'll give you all the info.

Not bad! They are only 3x the price of Brakemotives Power Stop rotors. :)

Where do they make the brakemotive rotors? I couldn't find that info, so I'm going to assume the worst (China).

KVRs are made in Canada and are of proven quality.

How much is the difference worth - that's up to you.

Where do they make the brakemotive rotors? I couldn't find that info, so I'm going to assume the worst (China).

KVRs are made in Canada and are of proven quality.

How much is the difference worth - that's up to you.
They are Power Stop rotors and pads.

Calipers

I think YELLOW would be nice i have yellow on my black car looks good CHECK OUT PICS OF MY 97 MIKE

How about a metallic silver paint?

If my car was Black then I would either do Red calipers or maybe black with the lincoln logo in silver or chrome. :)

im not putting a lincoln logo on them, they say COBRA on them dummy head!! when i paint them, i will sand off the raised cobra letters so they show silver again.

im not putting a lincoln logo on them, they say COBRA on them dummy head!! when i paint them, i will sand off the raised cobra letters so they show silver again.
Lick my taint window licker!

There are several COBRA calipers. Some have a rectangle recessed section with raised COBRA letters, there is another kind that has the COBRA in bare metal and the rest of the caliper painted (those you just sand) and then there are the kind that have the COBRA raised on the surface and then there are the same calipers but with a pony on them.

IDK what kind ya have. I was just offering ideas you doo doo head.

mine just have raised cobra on them.
I think thats the latter versions.

If memory serves the recessed rectangle was from the 94-98 Cobras and the raised COBRA was on the 99/01 and then the 03/04 was the just painted over one...... I may have the 99/01 and the 03/04 mixed up. Let me go pull up some pics of my old Cobras and see.

OK, I was wrong. You have the 03/04 Cobra style on yours which is the slightly larger pistons.

So: 94-98= Rectangle
99/01= Flat lettering
03/04= Raised lettering

My 96:

003.gif

And my 03:

IMGP0787.gif

If you look closely you can see my PS2 reflection. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back