What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Where's the Love

Wow, you guys are a tough crowd to impress, lol. My times varied from a best of 16.233 to a worst of 16.664. And yes I know a .3 R/T isn't great, but I tree'd 4 out of the 5 people I raced against. Granted, that's not saying much but c'mon. The clicking noise is exactly as suspected with the headrest. I have the camera mount stationed to the passenger seat, so having no weight on it, and a metal to metal connection it created a lot of noise and vibration. I am going to find a better mount as it was a lot of fun driving around with the camera on. As for what I did to the Lincoln today, not much. I did close the deal on my parts car, that will be the donor to some of my new parts, like the 4.56 rear end. I hope with the tune, the exhaust, and the gears my times will improve some, lol. Maybe not the 13's I had hoped for, but better for sure???? Thanks.

I sprayed my right corner light inside chrome and cleaned the plastic lens, getting ready to glue it back together...pics on my progress thread

Wow, you guys are a tough crowd to impress, lol.
yes they are hottie, you gotta dance on the table with something on fire while stripping to impress them...I am gonna hit the track this friday I hope. Have not been in two years so who knows, maybe I can hit up jegs and work the tree before I go.

Began sanding down the belt tensioner pulley.

I have very high hopes for dressing up the engine using this technique.

Gonna put front brake pads on the '97 LSC when I get home from work this afternoon. Also gonna temporarily "band-aid" the rear upper shock bushings on the '97 so they'll stop knocking until I get new ones.:D

Gonna put front brake pads on the '97 LSC when I get home from work this afternoon. Also gonna temporarily "band-aid" the rear upper shock bushings on the '97 so they'll stop knocking until I get new ones.:D
Green slime and slick 50 wont help........ Gorilla glue? :p

Green slime and slick 50 wont help........ Gorilla glue? :p

Slime and 50 would just make a big ol' mess:rolleyes:. But I didn't think about gorilla glue. But no. Just a little bit of hi-temp red silicone to stick the bushing back together where it has separated across the middle and quiet the knocking until I can get some new bushings. The shocks don't need replacing yet.

Thanks for the Love

yes they are hottie, you gotta dance on the table with something on fire while stripping to impress them...I am gonna hit the track this friday I hope. Have not been in two years so who knows, maybe I can hit up jegs and work the tree before I go.

I do dance on a stripper pole for bachelorette parties from time to time on the party bus I drive, does that count? I hope you do get to go Friday, I really enjoyed myself and it was a great night for it. Good luck. So today I got the electric cutout welded on and did a nice burnout for some kids in a Jeep. I still need to wire up the switch and then find a small muffler to put on. I'm happy I'll be able to be loud at the flip of a switch, now all I need are some flamethrower tips and that could work, lol. I will show video of it when it's done.

I am hoping a video of you on the pole in the buss!!! I want tickets for that trip!!!! lol

just read the stinking schedule...stupid chrysler stupid show all weekend have to wait till next weekend...at least I will get to go to jegs and work their tree to get reaction time better, but it's all hands, I like the hands and foot tree lights.

;)

not mark related but i did watch the cavs suck in boston..should've just drivin the mark around instead.

well i took it on a trip from OH to the upper peninsula in MI and was completely happy with the way she traveled... although my fiance thinks the seats in the Cobra are slightly more comfy for her... but for me the drive was more comfy in the Mark... the drivers seat in the cobra needs to be redone cause the bolster is broke down and i lean funny..

and according to the estimated MPG i had it up to 29.6 with about 150 miles on the tank driving back home along the coast of MI on US23 but once i got back onto I-75 it dropped back to 28.6 or so and i was on the interstate the for the rest of the tank... much better than my 23MPG in the Cobra but I didnt buy that for mileage...

Wouldn't mind hearing how you did that. :)

I basically used a tutorial for everything. Fiberglass Tutorial.... Also, Kyntex is the :q:q:q:q, I couldn't imagine doing this with only fiberglass mat. It wasn't very difficult either just time consuming. I figure I put about 20-25 hours total which a couple of those were just replacing dremel wheels every 30 seconds! :mad:

I added more pics to the first post above.

Fugger! You stole my idea! :mad: I wanted to be the first. :(

That is 100% identical to how mine will look when done.... just a Boston sub instead. :lol:

LOL Thanks to you I was no longer happy with my sub in a perfectly fine wood box up against the rear seat! Then I see a post of yours saying to try there, way f'n better but now it looks like ass with the wooden box! 25 hours and $150++ later I'm happy again. Grrrr... Also for reference my enclosure came out to about 0.837 ft^3 so yours could be a little smaller. The mounting depth on my polk is 7" and it couldn't go in anymore then I have it set. If your Boston sub has less depth your box could be even more flush than mine, should look good.

Today I found out the passenger strut rod bushing tore apart, ordered a new one should be here tomorrow.

I sanded down my side view mirrows with 320 then 600 then 800 then 1500 painted 2 times, wet sanded with 1500 painted 3 more times, then 4 coats of clear. Look alot better. Black is a b@tch to paint

Thanks Pioneer but mine will end up identical to yours. My Boston is 6 5/8" deep and then has a big vent that I ant some space behind to keep the coil as cool as possiable.

bostonacoustics-g510-4.jpg

Swapped the Copper plugs for some Plats ...(AGSF32PM motorcraft) runs like a champ again...old plugs were (AGSF 32c) and someone -caugh-Bill-caug- gapped them at .043

Swapped the Copper plugs for some Plats ...(AGSF32PM motorcraft) runs like a champ again...old plugs were (AGSF 32c) and someone -caugh-Bill-caug- gapped them at .043
The :q:q:q:q I did. You stood right next to me and watched over my shoulder as I gapped them to .053-.054
Dont give me that :q:q:q:q.

Anyway, installed new tires up front and watched the shop monkey chip the :q:q:q:q out of my caliper. :mad:

LoL, just givin ya some sh!t bro...anyway it's purrin nice now..I still have old plugs, I'll try to clean em up, toss em in my tool box for next time

Got the coolant sensor to gauge replaced and fixed the wire, i now have a working coolant tempature gauge after 3 years of it not working!!!! lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back