Left foot ahead of the right!

PioneerCrazed

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The past couple days I've noticed a sound on hard rights like pulling into the garage that sounds like the tire rubbing against the inner fender well. Sure enough that looks to be the case, but then I take a look at the driver side and it's not even close. So I pull out of the garage and take a look at one side then the next, WTF... Take a look at the pics an notice how the driver side is centered in the well and the passenger is well, not. Could a suspension component do this? Maybe the strut bar? or is my car just kaput. It still runs down the highway just fine. :confused:

DSCF0290.jpg

DSCF0293.jpg

Sounds like a caster issue. And yes the strut rod [trailing arm] bushing would be the culprit. Have another person drive the car and watch both front tires individually. Have said person hold the brake and put the car in reverse while holding the brake and then go to drive while holding the brake still. If the wheel shifts aft then fo you have a strut rod bushing or a horrible balljoint.

Ahh yes, good ol caster... I'll do that, I think I'm going to need an alignment asap...

strut rod bushing....look have far back the wheel is in the wheel well.
Must clunk like a MOFO

attachment.jpg

Just rock the car back and forth and watch that wheel move.:eek::eek:

Damn I just had those replaced with MOOG about a year ago or 15000 miles ago, along with the standard front end parts.

You all are some mother :q:q:q:qing geniuses! Take a look at these pics, good news is I got the wheel centered up; easy as pulling the strut rod back through the k-member. LOL

Do these just sometimes split from the hazards on the road?

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0296.jpg

Wow, mine was like that on the driver side, but only because a man-hole cover jumped outta the bushes and landed in the middle of the road, then when my stepdad was driving over it, it jumped up and ninja'ed my k-member, when I finally got around to doing my k-member all my my SRBs were pretty shot...
I'm not even sure what brand are in there now
they aren't terribly hard to do

So is everyone saying that the moog set is crap and that oem is the best?

I have MOOG on my Grey 93 with close to 25k miles and no problems. Personally I think it's install issues, maybe improper torque, just my opinion. Also, MOOG must be aware of the issue because they have re-designed bushings on Rockauto.

When I did the Black 93 I went to Max and got OEM for it.

ya waited this long, might as well wait til tomorrow..lol

I have MOOG on my Grey 93 with close to 25k miles and no problems. Personally I think it's install issues, maybe improper torque, just my opinion. Also, MOOG must be aware of the issue because they have re-designed bushings on Rockauto.

When I did the Black 93 I went to Max and got OEM for it.

It might be a install problem but I have yet to see a thread with split OEM.

Had Moogs twice. Both times the outer washer pulled through the bushing and split. Bot lasted less then 2000 miles. Did Autozone ones, they lasted 600 miles. Did whatever Oreilies had, lasted 1000 miles. Went with OEM ones and put 4000 miles on them, wrecked the car, pulled them out and installed them on my new Mark and have put another 15000 miles on them and they still look new.

OEM ONLY FOR STRUT ROD FRONT BUSHINGS!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Back