Cobra intake on a 93 mark VIII

hy35f2t

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Is a cobra intake worth the hassle on my 93 mark VIII?Im going to be spraying it wet shot and then get gears pretty soon just did the trans swap.Ive got exhaust alread got rid of the cats and running flowmaster 1 chamber delta flows.Thinking about going with 4:10's as im never on the freeway fastest roads i drive on are 45mph.

Not really. On a Gen II it helps, but not so much on a Gen 1 - not to mention you will have to go cowl hood on that thing.

Im kind of lost on what to do next to the car then since the intake manifold isnt really worth it.Ive got exhaust done still running stock intake and filter should i just do a drop in K&N?Is there a chip thats worth the money?Im only used to buying chips for turbo cars to remove fuel cut.But is there anything like this for the lincoln?That actually helps not just a gimmic.

I agree not worth much on a Gen1. I have heard the increased plenum volume can cause fuel puddling on larger wet shots. I do have a ported Cobra intake for sale if you still want to go throughteh hassle.

If you don't go much over 45 4.10s are nothing. I would drive 80 with them all the time. I was planning on 4.56s.

Im kind of lost on what to do next to the car then since the intake manifold isnt really worth it.Ive got exhaust done still running stock intake and filter should i just do a drop in K&N?Is there a chip thats worth the money?Im only used to buying chips for turbo cars to remove fuel cut.But is there anything like this for the lincoln?That actually helps not just a gimmic.

Gears as said but also a good higher stall torque converter.

I got rid of the stock mufflers and welded in 2.5 pipe with a factory bend so it looks good.Not a driveway job.Wheres a place i can go for a chip?

And yes converter, J-mod [I use trans-go], and some tall ass gears. 4mutha :q:q:q:qin 11.

i have a gen II and i wouldn't do it again unless running a centri s/c. Gears and a converter will do a world of good.

I just get gears for a ford 8.8 right?Im not going to install them we (at work) have a guy that does the rearend setup i can handle the rest.

I just get gears for a ford 8.8 right?Im not going to install them we (at work) have a guy that does the rearend setup i can handle the rest.

If you really don't go over 45mph during regular driving, you get 4.56s for any 8.8 (IRS or solid, they all use the same gears.) And you also get a trac lok.

If you really don't go over 45mph during regular driving, you get 4.56s for any 8.8 (IRS or solid, they all use the same gears.) And you also get a trac lok.

Yep. If I had known what I know now I would have gone with 4.30's. 4.10's are rather friendly on the highway with this car.

Damn 4:30's really?

Yeah. When I had 4.10's in my 5.0 Mustang it was a different story, but with this car it is very mild on the highway with 4.10's.
A J-mod, 4.30's, T-lok and converter with about a 3600 stall speed should keep a smile on your face for a while. It will be like an entirely different car.

found 4:56 gears hmmm what mph would i be at if i was at say 2500rpm in 4th gear.

From everything I have read this car is very efficent and can be fast as all get out at the same time. With the right tune and some easy mods. 4 11 seems to be good for a daily driver. For a toy that won't be roadtripped I wouldn't worry. But I won't go higher [the red one is in the process now] cause I still want to go out of town in mine [Pikes peak ho! one day.]

I had to post a vid that I like for reference sorry.
YouTube- Nitrous Mark VIII flagship

I agree not worth much on a Gen1. I have heard the increased plenum volume can cause fuel puddling on larger wet shots. I do have a ported Cobra intake for sale if you still want to go throughteh hassle.

If you don't go much over 45 4.10s are nothing. I would drive 80 with them all the time. I was planning on 4.56s.

Bumping because i ran across 4:56's for cheap if i were to get those installed would i need a different series carrier?

Members online

Back