Hello from a long lost member!

02V8Sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, been looking at post lately on the forum and wanted to say Hi!

You guys are doing a great job with the LS's on here.

I totalled my MazdaSpeed6 back in September 09. Was going along my daily route and had a SUV pull out in front of me and wrecked pretty bad.

Had to get a new vehicle so here is my new project. Keeping with the theme of the ol' LS using OEM upgrades. Stilll miss my old LS :(

DSCN2478.jpg

DSCN2479.jpg

DSCN2482.jpg

long time no see. Funny you post today. I just advised someone to look at your photo gallery for pics of your cai setup. I.m rockin your old fond metals now.

long time no see. Funny you post today. I just advised someone to look at your photo gallery for pics of your cai setup. I.m rockin your old fond metals now.

Saw those on your car! Those look hot on your car!! Your car looks fantastic Pete!

Look very nice your Acura TL type-S but it can't beat a LSE

Looks no ;)

Speed wise my LSE ran 14.2@99 modded with all bolt-ons. The TLS can run that stock and still get 30+MPG on the highway. Still dont like FWD, but had to get something good on gas and peppy.

I love those, one of the few 'foreign' vehicles I actually would like to own sometime.

Yours looks great.

I was looking into getting one of those when looking for the ls. They look so good and sporty. That is one sweet looking TL, I still liked your lse better.

On a side note, did you ever sell that lsd for the gen2? That thread just stopped with no update on it.

I was looking into getting one of those when looking for the ls. They look so good and sporty. That is one sweet looking TL, I still liked your lse better

Same, but I am glad I went with the LS!

Me too. I dont think I would've like FWD very much.

when i was planning on selling my LS the type s was definitely at the top of my list, a white one in fact. the ones i found were all in the mid 50k's mileage wise and i didn't want to get the high mileage. they were still running at about 25k w/ those miles btw. great looking Acura, and i love the blacked out side lens.

That gen TL is a great looking car. I also looked into those, specifically the Dynamic with the manual trans. Couldn't ignore the price on a used LS though. :D

What do you like better, the TL or the MS6?

Hey Ray, glad to hear from you. Car looks real nice for an import, hahaha!!! The lights are still buring bright. except for one hi-beam halo turns off an on, mostly off. Pass side one. I haven't opened them up to make sure that it is only a loose wire. What's it take to get a replacement?

sexy man what mods you got done to it so far ?

Ive taken a step back from modding after all the mods I had on my MS6. Took me this long to realize that dumping tons of money into a daily driver just isnt worth it for me. When I do start modding again it will be a toy car that I can take my time with.

Looks good man. I like those.

Thanks Arthur! Hows the Benz treatin you?

What up, Ray! Long time! Nice lookin' ride, man :)

Hey Tommy! Saw your new ride, very impressive numbers with it so far. That sucker flies!

I was looking into getting one of those when looking for the ls. They look so good and sporty. That is one sweet looking TL, I still liked your lse better.

On a side note, did you ever sell that lsd for the gen2? That thread just stopped with no update on it.

Yes, had it custom made and sold it on Ebay. Its much easier swapping in then GEN1 diff and axles and call it a day.

when i was planning on selling my LS the type s was definitely at the top of my list, a white one in fact. the ones i found were all in the mid 50k's mileage wise and i didn't want to get the high mileage. they were still running at about 25k w/ those miles btw. great looking Acura, and i love the blacked out side lens.

These cars do hold value very well. I bought this one with 20K miles on it.

That gen TL is a great looking car. I also looked into those, specifically the Dynamic with the manual trans. Couldn't ignore the price on a used LS though. :D

What do you like better, the TL or the MS6?

The MS6 was a monster. 12.7@110mph was very fun, but still looked like a kid driving it and most people just looked at it as a regular Mazda.

The TL is more grown up for me and cant beat the reliability of these cars. Thats what I need at this point in my life, just too busy to be messing with cars all the time.

Hey Ray, glad to hear from you. Car looks real nice for an import, hahaha!!! The lights are still buring bright. except for one hi-beam halo turns off an on, mostly off. Pass side one. I haven't opened them up to make sure that it is only a loose wire. What's it take to get a replacement?

It could be a loose wire inside. Umnitza also has halos for the TL and I have seen the wires come loose on the halos. I would contact Matt at Umnitza and see what he can do, they supposedly had a lifetime warranty on them.

The TL is more grown up for me and cant beat the reliability of these cars. Thats what I need at this point in my life, just too busy to be messing with cars all the time.

I hear that. I hate having to come home from a long day at work, then start in on the car. Granted, it's all been fairly easy stuff (coolant degas tank, coils, fixing head unit/nav, etc) but I'd much rather be washing/waxing the car, or better yet, playing in the sand box with my kid.

Saw those on your car! Those look hot on your car!! Your car looks fantastic Pete!

Thank you sir. Your old LS was my favorite one on here. Since I'm a pic whore, and you haven't been around for a while, these are a couple of my favorites:

IMG_7770.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg

Me too. I dont think I would've like FWD very much.

Me too. Otherwise I'd be on the other side of this forum with a Crimson Pearl '03 STS on factory chrome. Beautiful car and I always loved the look of the Seville, but RWD and 5-speed SST really won me over. That is a very nice Acura, however. Nice job!

Members online

Back