Kurtz Kustom Tru-Rev Induction

DKGator

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Kurtz Kustom Tru-Rev Induction system to replace the stock intake box on my 06 LS. Anybody have any info on this particular item and also any info on what kind of performance gain to expect?
thanks.

You'll only get a performance gain on cold days. cone air filter in the engine bay = bad performance.

sounds cool though.

Sounds good. You can hear it suck in air and when you go 1/2 throttle or more you hear the engine roar real nicely

Then run it down i the bumper since all the water is gone

you can run it down into the lower grille. K&N makes a sock to go over the filter that is supposed to keep any water out.

Check out 02V8Sport's picture gallery, that's what he did.

I understand the gains in HP but is there any MPG gain as well?

In my case no. The added attraction of the sound and slightly better throttle response makes you want to burn fossil fuels even faster

But like said, u don't really have the extra horses in the summer

There are many CAI mods on this forum that will lower the intake temp of a cone filter. Some threads even have temps listed for normal speeds and idle. The bottom line is that with a simple isolator barrier the intake temp will be the same as the outside air at speed and only a few degrees higher at idle.

KKM Air induct

In my case no. The added attraction of the sound and slightly better throttle response makes you want to burn fossil fuels even faster

One last question. Did you do anything to "isolate" the air filter to attempt to reduce the temp of the incoming air? I have seen some pictures of where folks have tried/built custom "boxes" and was wondering if it is really worth the pain and effort.
Thanks.
BTW: Steelers fan?

One last question. Did you do anything to "isolate" the air filter to attempt to reduce the temp of the incoming air? I have seen some pictures of where folks have tried/built custom "boxes" and was wondering if it is really worth the pain and effort.
Thanks.
BTW: Steelers fan?

I have yet to do anything. It's a project for when I have some spare time.

I am a steelers fan...but an even bigger Pens fan. Been playing hockey since I was 5 and that always has come first

I was looking at the picture on the website; it looks like this "intake" is simply a small adapter that swaps out the airbox for a cone filter. How is there a performance gain from this?

It's suppose to have more surface area to suck air in, but that one looks small. The oone i got from K&N is huge. You should also get rid of the restritiveintake pipe, it'll help more.

Induction

I have yet to do anything. It's a project for when I have some spare time.

I am a steelers fan...but an even bigger Pens fan. Been playing hockey since I was 5 and that always has come first

Sorry about the Pens. Canadiens are like the Yankees in baseball. Too many cups. Sid will win many more before he's done. I'm a huge Stiller fan all my life. Thanks for the info.

I was looking at the picture on the website; it looks like this "intake" is simply a small adapter that swaps out the airbox for a cone filter. How is there a performance gain from this?
Everyone says 10-15 hp gain by the more straight forward air induction as well as "cooled" air for the mixture.

Everyone says 10-15 hp gain by the more straight forward air induction as well as "cooled" air for the mixture.

Do we have any dyno sheets? I am not understanding how the air is going to be any cooler than stock, and without replacing the rest of the intake piping the restrictions are still there. :confused:

Do we have any dyno sheets? I am not understanding how the air is going to be any cooler than stock, and without replacing the rest of the intake piping the restrictions are still there. :confused:

that why K&N gen 57 for the win

Members online

No members online now.
Back