What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Yesterday, I removed my tore-up headliner and re-covered it. This morning I re-installed it. Since I'm broke and can't afford to send the car out to an upholstery shop, I did it myself. It actually turned out pretty good. I decided to be "different" and go with something other than just plain ol' grey. My wife and I went to the fabric section at Wal-Mart and she picked this pattern out. It's a starry night style. So when you look up at the ceiling, you see stars. Pretty cool.

View attachment 54922

View attachment 54923

View attachment 54924

Unfortunately, there's a very faint "line" where I had to splice two pieces together. Other than that, it turned out quite awesome.

And I still like Slick50.:D I've been using it in every vehicle I've owned for more than 20 years.

I admire the cost savings.

And yes, it is different...:shifty:

Unfortunately, there's a very faint "line" where I had to splice two pieces together. Other than that, it turned out quite awesome.

I was just about to ask if they had something big enough to cover all of it. I'm going to do mine myself also but I think I want black micro suede. I need one solid piece though. I'm not paying $150 for someone else to do it and it still be the same cheap ass stuff that's up there.

I'll find something at one of the Betty Homemaker stores.

I was just about to ask if they had something big enough to cover all of it. I'm going to do mine myself also but I think I want black micro suede. I need one solid piece though. I'm not paying $150 for someone else to do it and it still be the same cheap ass stuff that's up there.

I'll find something at one of the Betty Homemaker stores.
When I redo mine I am gonna do suede or alcantra (sp?) I am also going to use the same stuff for the perforated leather section. Alcantra is so much easier to take care of not to mention cost. If I did suede then I would never smoke in the car again as I just love the smell.

Yeah. If I ever have to do my wife's LSC, I'll go back with something a little more "normal". But this was my '96 and I just like to be unique.;)

I just pulled the headliner out of my parts car, and here's another great idea. :)

So much to do, so little time...

I had a black headliner that was mint but it caught on fire in the garage. If I still had it, I would have put it in with the rest of the interior but..... too late now.

didnt do anything on the mark but as a mothers day present i detailed her 08 impala inside and out...

Put the front wheel wells on the DA back together, washed it, vacuumed it, and put about 100 miles on it!

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for all who replied to my quandary. This was my first time racing this car, my R/T's were ok .364, .357, .304, .231 and one that didn't register. I would like to been faster but it did establish a good base for me to work with. my best 60' time came from the one time I did a burn out and a fairly hard launch it was 2.327. I know the car has more, and I will be giving it the apparently much needed tune up. If it is a fuel pressure issue hopefully the new fuel filter will open it up? The link to the video is, YouTube- 1st pass 050510.AVI
I believe that will take you right to it, if not you can search xtriplefan in the channels. What next? I think maybe a new front end, then rear end, then maybe the chip program???? I don't know.

lol 308s...as you have found crosses the finish line in second gear.

what is that clicking sound?
sounds like EMI, possibly a missfire?

I could never cut a light if I was busy messing around with a video.

i had a hard time both cutting a light, and winning races if i knew a video was being taken
somes even if i didnt know it'd have the same effect

Finished up my fiberglass sub box, first time working with fiberglass but it turned out perfect for me. 1 Polk SR 10".

Now to clean the trunk! :rolleyes:

Too many pics??? ;)

DSCF0284 (Small).JPG

DSCF0288 (Small).JPG

DSCF0200 (Small).JPG

DSCF0215 (Small).JPG

DSCF0218 (Small).JPG

DSCF0251 (Small).JPG

DSCF0257 (Small).JPG

DSCF0258 (Small).JPG

DSCF0262 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Finished up my fiberglass sub box, first time working with fiberglass but it turned out perfect for me. 1 Polk SR 10".

Now to clean the trunk! :rolleyes:
Fugger! You stole my idea! :mad: I wanted to be the first. :(

That is 100% identical to how mine will look when done.... just a Boston sub instead. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.
Back