Any interest in CDC look-a-like mesh?

Ok so I did some calculations and turns out that a lower grille can be made with a 3ft wide mesh cutting it diagonally. Since no one besides ls4me has joined in, maybe lincoln leubbe, to you to, each piece of mesh will be cut,if they agree to cut them like this, 9'' wide and the length of it turns out to be 50'' long. The bottom grille length is roughly 42'', the length of the grille is about 27'' and around 7'' from top to bottom. The lower grille opening for a reg LS is 42''x5.5'', I measure the cdc mesh for the bottom piece for the lse bumper and it is 38''x7.5''. With this 9''x50'' piece of mesh you can do any of the 3, grille, LS lower grille, or LSE lower grille. There will be a 18 9''x50'' pieces and 2 smaller pieces left over big enough for a grille. If everyone get 2 of the big pieces, that is 9 people we can have. If not, I wouldn't mind getting the extras.

I emailed the wire company the way I need the mesh cut diagonally. Things might work out after all. So only 2 ppl total?

Yeah, that is the way I am getting it cut, diagonally. You would have to make it if you buy it in the group buy, they will be sheets of 9''x50'', big enough to make either a top grille or bottom grille. I will prob get the remaining pieces make extra cut outs for the grille to sell but that would be a little later.

I would be pretty interested in getting both the top and bottom sheets. But how would it look on a gen 1 because the grille I made just basically sits ontop of the OEM grille. So it sticks out kinda funny, also are those sheets paintable? I mean like it shouldnt flake off or anything right? My friend works at shaheen paint repair but said painting stuff like that is pretty :q:q:q:qty (I had aluminum)
so
-How would it fit on a gen 1
-Paintable
-How much would it cost for both sheets top and bottom?

I would probly be in depending on the prices.. Looks sweet

We are going to go with stainless steel mesh. Not sure on the paint, if you can paint stainless steel, you should be able to paint this.

i dont know how each of you plan on doing your mesh, but for the top grille I plan on using the chrome surroung from a gen2 grille and somehow mount it like that. I dont want an overlay mesh.

Prices aren't final yet. I just have how much the mesh by itself without cutting and shipping, it costs 215. I emailed the company exactly how the mesh has to be cut, I am waiting on their response probably tomorrow on how much it will be.

No one else interested? I thought there would be more interest. Oh well. Maybe when I fab them up ppl will be more interested.I guess it's only me and LS4me then.

I will be purchasing the roll of mesh as soon as they give me a way to pay. They wont cut it the way I want it so I will just buy the roll and cut it myself, prob the best thing to do so I can make sure it's done right.

LS4me, I will sell you as many sheets as you want at a great price since you're the only other one in this. I can drive them over to you when I have pieces fto save you shipping. Planning on taking a trip to SD soon either way. I would give it to you at FFF but I doubt it'll be here by then.

No one else interested? I thought there would be more interest. Oh well. Maybe when I fab them up ppl will be more interested.I guess it's only me and LS4me then.

I will be purchasing the roll of mesh as soon as they give me a way to pay. They wont cut it the way I want it so I will just buy the roll and cut it myself, prob the best thing to do so I can make sure it's done right.

LS4me, I will sell you as many sheets as you want at a great price since you're the only other one in this. I can drive them over to you when I have pieces fto save you shipping. Planning on taking a trip to SD soon either way. I would give it to you at FFF but I doubt it'll be here by then.

Let me know what I owe 'ya! Hopefully you'll get it for FFF.

Yeah, I'll prob just sell them made. I guess ppl dont want to fab them up themselves.

Yeah, I'll prob just sell them made. I guess ppl dont want to fab them up themselves.

I am no good at doing things myself unless someone has done it first with a step by step lol but if you make an insert, I will pay on payday:D

Yeah. Prob will do inserts. Hard part will be since you wont have the CDC surround that holds the mesh in place, you'll probably have to attach the mesh to the stock chrome surround with some liquid steel or something. I would have to have your grille for that, but you should be able to do it yourself. I would make the cut outs to fit the stock grille so you would just need to attach it.

Yeah. Prob will do inserts. Hard part will be since you wont have the CDC surround that holds the mesh in place, you'll probably have to attach the mesh to the stock chrome surround with some liquid steel or something. I would have to have your grille for that, but you should be able to do it yourself. I would make the cut outs to fit the stock grille so you would just need to attach it.

Beats ebays chrome tape :p what prices would we be looking at?

Depends. Have to see all the work involved. I dont have grilles so that would also come into play unless you send me yours to fab it onto it.I'll prob buy one to work on it but not going to buy 20 to re-sell them with this mesh

I would send you my grille but I do drive my car a lot and how long do you think that would take?

Well it's not like it's something you need like headlight for angel eyes installation. As long as I dont get it late, prob finish it and send it back same day as received, once I have the mesh and figure out of to do it ofcourse.

Members online

No members online now.
Back