Need Some Ideas

darkpyro6

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have had my ls since i was sixteen and im finally able to do some of the things i want to it and just wondering some opinions, I'm doing the basic things such as intake, exhaust, brakes and more than likely HIDs. Now I have some things i'll have to straighten out first, i have a nice ding from an ex and another from a guy that thought he was tough so he punched my car..... Anyways I wanna go with this color for a repaint http://www.madwhips.com/upload/images/nissan_gt_r_spec_v_ultimate_opal_black_33.JPG and no its not cause its on the GT-R its because i like the color and it suits my taste. Im also planning on new wheels and tint. For wheels I'm open to ideas, i would like to go black with a nice 5-spoke design and i want a metallic purple lip which more than likely will be custom as well as my brake calipers in metallic purple. i think thats about it. Oh yeah the ls is a 2002 v8 sport currently with the stock sport wheels in chrome and the color is charcoal gray i think, i'll check the code later. Keep the flaming to a minimum please i know its fun but i would like some answers before :rolleyes:

I have had my ls since i was sixteen and im finally able to do some of the things i want to it and just wondering some opinions, I'm doing the basic things such as intake, exhaust, brakes and more than likely HIDs. Now I have some things i'll have to straighten out first, i have a nice ding from an ex and another from a guy that thought he was tough so he punched my car..... Anyways I wanna go with this color for a repaint http://www.madwhips.com/upload/images/nissan_gt_r_spec_v_ultimate_opal_black_33.JPG and no its not cause its on the GT-R its because i like the color and it suits my taste. Im also planning on new wheels and tint. For wheels I'm open to ideas, i would like to go black with a nice 5-spoke design and i want a metallic purple lip which more than likely will be custom as well as my brake calipers in metallic purple. i think thats about it. Oh yeah the ls is a 2002 v8 sport currently with the stock sport wheels in chrome and the color is charcoal gray i think, i'll check the code later. Keep the flaming to a minimum please i know its fun but i would like some answers before :rolleyes:

i would lower it too, as for the wheels how about something like these
http://www.americanracing.com/browse_all.asp

you could also swap out the front end with a 2nd gen lse bumper and headlights

Im definately staying with the stock body i just like how it flows and i actually am not extremely fond of the lse's looks, the more i look the more i realize just how much i really like my current wheels, if i can find a set of the non chrome ones i'd like to powdercoat them black and definitely lower it probably the ones that do a 1.75" drop

Im definately staying with the stock body i just like how it flows and i actually am not extremely fond of the lse's looks, the more i look the more i realize just how much i really like my current wheels, if i can find a set of the non chrome ones i'd like to powdercoat them black and definitely lower it probably the ones that do a 1.75" drop

check out andrizzle's car if you haven't already http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=63477 , he used springtech's, they claim 1.75" but he said it dropped it more, you could also do angel eyes

...better look at buying a new car instead... i think they make '06 LS's in a color similar to the color of the GT-R u posted... think about it, by the time you pay for a decent paint job [not the $1000 backyard special at paco-lopez's house]... a cat-back exhaust... HID's ...AND custom painted wheels... your gonna be investing more into the car than its worth... like i said, go find a new LS....

The problem is it wont replace it how i want it to, and i mean it's my first car so it's one of those things where it might not be worth it but its got that value beyond money for you. and in case you didnt notice i have to get a bit of body work done anyways as well as fix a scratch almost all the way down the driver's side from stupid middle schoolers so there will be some painting involved anyways. besides i like my not having throttle-by-wire :D

besides that in the almost 4 years i've owned it i haven't had any major problem and it has never been down for more than a day or two(except after the hail....stupid paintless dent guys....)

and this is all still in the planning stages and can be changed since i haven't started anything yet.

and seeing as i think i might stay with the 17's a drop anywhere from 1.75" to 2.0" would be fine with me to fill in a bit of the space. I'll be mounting some 245/45/ZR17's soon anyhow since im needing some tires any suggestion on what brand and model is appreciated, i usually go with michelins but have had some goodyears on and right now have bfgoodrich (lost job and was strapped for cash at the time)

also i read through the LED tail light threads and saw the suggestion for a lincoln emblem pattern, has anyone tried it or was it deemed to much hassle

and could i get some more suggestions i mean i want to have everything planned out and ready to go as soon as i can, what i said were just a few ideas if you have any experience with any of those mods or have some new ideas i wanna hear it im gonna go all out on this car so nothings out right now, i also live in texas and wouldn't mind a trip to austin for some more power if everything goes my way :steering

some some what minor things you can do are the lse color matching grille, color matching rear license plate surround, SCT Tune, eyebrows on the headlights, just did mine today heres the link http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=64249, you can clear the corners on the headlights,

check out this post for the brakes, its really a great deal and i kinda wish i got it before i did mine
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=46171&page=8

as for tires, i have hankook on my car right now, a really good tire is pirelli, i have those for snow tires and they were great

I'm definitely planning on a tune i must have forgot to put that and those brakes look like they're perfect especially with the ss brake lines. I've thought about the clear corners and eyelids but i haven't decided if its what i want or not Halos do sound good though i love how it looks. I really want to get a color matching grill and rear license plate surround but im not a big fan of all the chrome on the lse grill, i actually want to get rid of as much chrome as possible on my car i really am not a big fan, i do like my chrome wheels and i dont mind chrome exhaust tips but a ton of chrome accents all over the car i think looks terrible

Thanks for all the ideas and if you have anything else im very willing to listen because im sure im forgetting or not realizing something

I forgot im wanting to retint my windows, i was thinking about doing silver or a metallic based tint but im not sure if it will look terrible on this car seeing as i've never seen it on one, if not im thinking 5% rear windows 35% up front would like probably 20% at least but with how the cops are around here i figure i might as well just keep it at limit). my main goal with the tint other than looks is how much cooler it keeps the car and how harder it makes it to see in if that helps on suggestions

The problem is it wont replace it how i want it to, and i mean it's my first car so it's one of those things where it might not be worth it but its got that value beyond money for you.

..i hear 'ya.. i have had my LS for 4 years now and dont get me wrong - i love it...and chances are ill never get rid of it... but lets be realistic here, i spent the first two years i owned it saving for rims, system, HIDs and Tints... and now that i have all of that, im happy - but i dont think investing any more money into it any time soon... especially since shes goin on 9 years old

...if you really need do do major upgrades to your LS, let me just say this... A. painting a car a completely different color is never easy [the door jambs, under the hood, and inside most of the seams should really be painted]... B. if you are going to paint your wheels beware of the options. Powdercoating is best, and if you opt for special order 2 or 3 piece rims be ready to shell out up to $5k+ - dont do it, a nice set of chrome wheels for $1000-1500 will do. And C. before doing any major upgrades - music, HIDs, appearance, etc. always look n see if its something you can do yourself - it will be done right the first time, and it will be hella-cheaper....good luck, take pics when your done:D

..i hear 'ya.. i have had my LS for 4 years now and dont get me wrong - i love it...and chances are ill never get rid of it... but lets be realistic here, i spent the first two years i owned it saving for rims, system, HIDs and Tints... and now that i have all of that, im happy - but i dont think investing any more money into it any time soon... especially since shes goin on 9 years old

...if you really need do do major upgrades to your LS, let me just say this... A. painting a car a completely different color is never easy [the door jambs, under the hood, and inside most of the seams should really be painted]... B. if you are going to paint your wheels beware of the options. Powdercoating is best, and if you opt for special order 2 or 3 piece rims be ready to shell out up to $5k+ - dont do it, a nice set of chrome wheels for $1000-1500 will do. And C. before doing any major upgrades - music, HIDs, appearance, etc. always look n see if its something you can do yourself - it will be done right the first time, and it will be hella-cheaper....good luck, take pics when your done:D

he's right, you can save a lot of money doing it your self, i had a guy at my job hook subs up for me, only one worked and it started a slow drain in my car that i havent fixed yet and now i dont have the subs. if you want to see what it looks like, check my posts using the search, i have a strip of tint on the windshield, 35% on the front and 5% on the back and it in no way keeps the car cooler but it looks nice, i believe pektel powdercoated his stock wheels and maybe one or two other member did it but do major upgrades can empty your wallet quick, i personally love the lse grille it completely changed the look of the car to me

i can and have done a lot of the things myself, only problem i run into right now is my lack of tools for the job but i dont plan on putting it in the shop for anything that i can do and long island i think ive decided to do a set of stock gen 1 sport wheels powdercoated, i currently still have all the wiring for an amp and subs but am starting fresh instead of what i had (2 15's really take up the trunk....) and im asking for the guidance because some things im thinking about i know will be outrageous and just need to have it put in my face a different way. i haven't been able to do everything i want to this car since i got it and know that im about to have the ability to i want to make sure i do it right and it looks good.

as far as the grill what are some of the other options that offer a color match.

and any ideas for speakers, subs and a head unit i just want quality sound and an aux input. for subs i was thinking about kicker comps but i definitely admit i dont know as much as i'd like about car stereos yet

and once again guys thanks for the ideas and my plans starting to take shape.

i'll get some pictures up of it now but im still a bit ashamed of the scratch and dents........ stupid kids.........

Alax07 has this thread going for a mesh grille, but he needs people to commit to buying it
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=63991

I'm not to sure about what are the best amps and everything, but i drove my dads car before i got my LS and put polk speakers in it and it sounded greatm thinking about switching my boston acustics out with polks, the subs i had were Memphis subs and sounded great also and got 2 12's for like 150 shipped brand new off ebay, i also know people like the pioneer avic's for a double din head unit

dont be ashamed, my car has a ton of scratches and hail damage on it

ok you want input on ideas... here ya go.. check cardomain for ideas...there are over 2,000 LSes on there most of them customized to some degree... as far as color, i think charcoal gray, silver frost, and that white color...are by far the best for the LS...as far as charcoal gray goes here are the pics to my favorite LS in that color...

38135060016_large.jpg

38135060021_large.jpg

38135060022_large.jpg

here is the link to his cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3813506 ...check it out...

...i would suggest, get a body shop to fix the dents and scratches with the same color, forget about painting the whole car...do some mods like a grille - halos if thats your thing...you can clear the headlights while your at it - ...tint the side markers...and get some bump in your trunk with some kicker 12" cvx's... and o yea look for a used set of 18" 19" or 20" set of wheels on craigslist in your area... which ever size you prefer... spend more time enjoying your LS than working on it, or working to safe money to modify it... thats my advice :D

...that was supposed to be "save" not "safe".... and i forgot to mention tints... have a shop tint you windows for 'ya... its one of the cheapest mods that will give you the best change in look for your $... hope all of this helped

you should do lambo doors on the front and suicide doors in the back :D

lambo doors, really? definitely not my thing. suicide doors would be cool but probably a pain in the ass to accomplish and unless i see some wheels that are just amazing to me the stock sport ones are more my style although those jag wheels are quite amazing as well

a little off topic but i could use some help from a member in fort worth with a first gen . . . . . .

i really dont know who is in that area, i know that there are people in texas but i dont know who, just start a new thread asking for help, also maybe check out the central plains chapter....

Thanks guys, i was wondering which member did the crazy cam swap, i remember reading the thread but i dont remember who. i might be interested in something like that or just go the supercharger route if they ever get enough people that will be just a bit up the road though. have you guys ever ran any gen 2s stock, i know that they are rated with more power than the gen 1s but with the drive by wire set up i know they dont launch as hard but would they catch up? a buddy of mine with a grand prix gt was really surprised when i took him cause he had driven a 2nd gen and was unimpressed, i would like to be able to take this srt-4 over here but without some serious money for power mods i dont think that will be happining

Members online

No members online now.
Back