About to have a f'n heartattack!!!!!!!!!!!!

derrik call pasco auto salvage i was up there 2 weeks ago looking for stuff and they had a 97 or 98 with under 100k at their other lot in hudson, but that location isnt opened on the weekends, so call them tomorrow when you get some free time, see if they have it still, or any others, all you want is the engine, no tranny or any of that extra crap. you can try LKQ in clearwater and the other one over in tampa too. make sure you ask them for 97 or 98, i dont feel like swapping everything off your motor onto a 1st gen block!!

derrik call pasco auto salvage i was up there 2 weeks ago looking for stuff and they had a 97 or 98 with under 100k at their other lot in hudson, but that location isnt opened on the weekends, so call them tomorrow when you get some free time, see if they have it still, or any others, all you want is the engine, no tranny or any of that extra crap. you can try LKQ in clearwater and the other one over in tampa too. make sure you ask them for 97 or 98, i dont feel like swapping everything off your motor onto a 1st gen block!!

I'll call them tomorrow.

So ...get a mark eng and tranny...drop your k member and eng and tranny, replace
get all your gaskets and stuff before the drop...easy....

wow what a thread!.......i guess you got impatient and angry....lol....if you are determined to do a head swap....i strongly sugg. contacting ramsey's performance over on u.s 41 in tampa. they are world known for there mustangs and i am sure they will help you with a head swap. if anybody, i would trust them to set heads and timing on that type of motor. who knows you might be surprised on the price.if not take jamie's word for it and others and just buy a stock motor and swap it in as a whole. in the long run it will cost way less money and time. but your car and you can do what you want. good luck!

Derrik, why dont you look for a motor from a wrecked 2003/2004 Mercury Marauder. It's a modular 4.6 DOHC motor, and best of all, it comes with C heads. This motor should drop right in. Just take swap your intake. Best of all you already have a platform for a supercharger.

Derrik, why dont you look for a motor from a wrecked 2003/2004 Mercury Marauder. It's a modular 4.6 DOHC motor, and best of all, it comes with C heads. This motor should drop right in. Just take swap your intake. Best of all you already have a platform for a supercharger.

??

The Mark VIII intake will only fit the "B" heads.

When I put the jackstands under the car when it is jacked up they sink into the pavement a good 2"+ so I'm afraid to go under it after that. If only I had a flat reliable surface to jack the car up on!
Buy some 1" thick plywood and put the jackstands on that instead of directly on the pavement.

wow what a thread!.......i guess you got impatient and angry....lol....if you are determined to do a head swap....i strongly sugg. contacting ramsey's performance over on u.s 41 in tampa. they are world known for there mustangs and i am sure they will help you with a head swap. if anybody, i would trust them to set heads and timing on that type of motor. who knows you might be surprised on the price.if not take jamie's word for it and others and just buy a stock motor and swap it in as a whole. in the long run it will cost way less money and time. but your car and you can do what you want. good luck!

Ramseys did my clutch and my dyno tune on my 03 GT. Dennis is a good guy. I'll call him today to find out his pricing.

If I could find one sure, but I'm betting that will be harder to find than a 99 Cobra motor.

Wow that baby spoon is working overtime.

Listen to Tommy and Jamie, it is the quickest way to get the heap up and running.
I would look for a 98 engine and trans if Jamie will re-pin the trans.

You will then have a car you can trust while your getting ready for the bar exam.

Wow that baby spoon is working overtime.

Listen to Tommy and Jamie, it is the quickest way to get the heap up and running.
I would look for a 98 engine and trans if Jamie will re-pin the trans.

You will then have a car you can trust while your getting ready for the bar exam.
I think he already has a 98 trans.

Yeah I bought a 98 trans from Jamie last year as a spare. It was due to go in soon because the tc has been slipping and shuddering.

Ok so I got a quote from Ramseys to do B heads from a Cobra. It's not cheap on any level, but it's right at my limit. As others said if you're going to pay, don't price shop so that's why I'm considering the idea. I'm going to have to find out what will be needed to do a B head swap from a 96-98 Cobra. I really want to do C heads but have yet to get a reasonable price on a complete set.

If I find a decent engine I'm weighing the cost and benefit differences between switching a whole motor and doing the head swap. First I need to find a new engine...then I need to figure out how to get it to jamie...finally I need to find out what he wants to do that. I'll be pm'ing him for that....

I'd also like to thank all of you for the many endless spoons that were fed to me (thanks for reminding me Ford Nut ;) ).

dont forget jamie...you have to put this one back together

dont get distracted and cut it up.

hmmmmm i wonder how many $1 pieces we can sell on ebay with a link to this thread

0WN a piece of epic mark 8 history
THE RIPPED CAMEL MARK VIII!

lolz jk

or am I....

tommy this will be a walk in the park for me, its gonna feel weird though, it will be the first time i ever put one back in lmfao!!

Members online

Back