tint question

Damn...I guess i should feel lucky! In Texas the darkest you can do on the the two front windows is 20% anything else goes. im going to do 5% this summer on my other windows.

lol i had to do something like that too, i went to the police station to pay and the bitch said pay the ticket and court costs, i was like but i didnt even goto court yet, she said then go its fine, i was like whatever you :q:q:q:q ill pay the court cost now you broke bit<h jk but something like that, its all about the money

yea when i got pulled over the cop was sittin in an alley next to a dealership just waiting to pull some one over, he also gave me a ticket for no front license plate, which is why mine is zip tied on, and then he followed me to my job and got a free car wash :mad:

I guess what they mean by court fees is the paper work and this and that they have to do. All it is is sign and done, but it's still better than having to actually go to court

yea when i got pulled over the cop was sittin in an alley next to a dealership just waiting to pull some one over, he also gave me a ticket for no front license plate, which is why mine is zip tied on, and then he followed me to my job and got a free car wash :mad:

lmao, all the cops around here now are rookies, they post their names and pictures in the local newpaper like once a month, they are all 24 and younger, it sucks theres so many cop kids around busting balls to gain experience, this summer is gonna be hot:eek:

I have got 20% on mine. It's just right. Oh and the interior is tan.

We used to have 5% on our first LS and it was pretty hard to see out of at night. Always had to put down the windows, while backing out of places. Forget about it in the rain, made things even worse.

DSCN3425-1.jpg

i wish my state didnt have a tint law, anything past 35 they make you goto court and rip it off and pay a fine each time

I got pulled over on Mothers Day 2006. The local cop wrote me three warning tickets. He gave me the story that the warning tickets are in the system. If I get caught with the tint on the car, I WILL get a ticket.:rolleyes:
WARNINGS:
1. illegal window tint(tint on front door windows illegal in Illinios at the time)
2. no front plate
3. clear rear license plate cover(Illinios made it illegal effective Jan 1st of 2006)

Sep 11 2007, coming home from DUBS St Louis car show. Illinios state trooper nailed me for speeding. I was speeding. No doubt about it. I deserved the ticket. Anyway, as the trooper was pulling out to get me. I rolled all the windows down. I hoped he wouldn't notice the tint. The first thing he asked when he reached my door. "Sir, could you roll your windows up for me?".:rolleyes:BUSTED!!!!!!!!! He wrote me a ticket for speeding and a warning for the tinted windows. He also gave me the "warning is in the system" speech.

Effective Jan 1st of this year. Illinios made it legal to tint the front doors 20%. Obviously, I never did remove the tint. Don't plan anytime soon either.

I got pulled over on Mothers Day 2006. The local cop wrote me three warning tickets. He gave me the story that the warning tickets are in the system. If I get caught with the tint on the car, I WILL get a ticket.:rolleyes:
WARNINGS:
1. illegal window tint(tint on front door windows illegal in Illinios at the time)
2. no front plate
3. clear rear license plate cover(Illinios made it illegal effective Jan 1st of 2006)

Sep 11 2007, coming home from DUBS St Louis car show. Illinios state trooper nailed me for speeding. I was speeding. No doubt about it. I deserved the ticket. Anyway, as the trooper was pulling out to get me. I rolled all the windows down. I hoped he wouldn't notice the tint. The first thing he asked when he reached my door. "Sir, could you roll your windows up for me?".:rolleyes:BUSTED!!!!!!!!! He wrote me a ticket for speeding and a warning for the tinted windows. He also gave me the "warning is in the system" speech.

Effective Jan 1st of this year. Illinios made it legal to tint the front doors 20%. Obviously, I never did remove the tint. Don't plan anytime soon either.

how do you know that illinois made it legal to tint the front windows 20% because i cant find that anywhere

WARNINGS:
2. no front plate

ROLLIN tell me how much bullsh!t is it to get a warning for the "clear" license plate cover, that cop was a real hater, ive gotten warnings for the smoked cover(which is alittle dark) then i got a warning for the blue tinted one, but its so petty to be warned for the clear cover, i wouldnt be able to stop laughing at the cop, the law is - nothing can hide the license plate, even those dealership plate frames are illegal around here but its so petty, they only pull you over for minor things like that because they are haters lol:D

ROLLIN tell me how much bullsh!t is it to get a warning for the "clear" license plate cover, that cop was a real hater, ive gotten warnings for the smoked cover(which is alittle dark) then i got a warning for the blue tinted one, but its so petty to be warned for the clear cover, i wouldnt be able to stop laughing at the cop, the law is - nothing can hide the license plate, even those dealership plate frames are illegal around here but its so petty, they only pull you over for minor things like that because they are haters lol:D

one cop told me the reason for this is because the camera software they have that instantly reads a license plate, will not work if the covers are in place....wheather or not that is true.....

one cop told me the reason for this is because the camera software they have that instantly reads a license plate, will not work if the covers are in place....wheather or not that is true.....

well i like the clears because they do give a glare when the sun hits it making the license plate harder to read lol but even the dealship plate frames ive seen, some block the reg. sticker which needs to be visible things like that, its not murder but cops can bust your balls whenever they want if they have stupid things like that against you

in my city, they wait for you to look suspicious then pull you over with the excuse of your license plate, hoping to find you with drugs/gun on you or no license or insurance or smoking a blunt lol

in my city, they wait for you to look suspicious then pull you over with the excuse of your license plate, hoping to find you with drugs/gun on you or no license or insurance or smoking a blunt lol

If I was a cop, thats what I would do. When I was your age..lol...If I was driving around looking suspicious, usually I ws doing somthing wrong.

Nowadays, when I'm driving to work, or taking my son to hockey...they don't even look at me...and I have/had 20% front and 5% backs.

The same cop see's me going to work every morning, and 2 years ago, he used to look, but now I guess he figures, im just going to work for the man.

I have 20% (read 14% on the meter) and it's pretty dark during the day. Parked next to 05 LS8 who has light colored interior my tint looks darker with black interior.

so im gonna risk getting another ticket lol, and i got 35% on the front and the strip on the windshield, hopefully an @sshole cop wont get me lol but i had 20 on the front and 5 on the back when i got the ticket heres a pic on the tint

IMG00014-20100402-1815.jpg

IMG00015-20100402-1815.jpg

The cop told me. Becuase they fade or haze making it impossible to read the plate. I looked at him and laughed.:rolleyes: Mine looks brand new. You how Fairview cops are.:rolleyes: Funny thing, that was in 2006. I took the cover off for about a year. Put it back on. I haven't been messed with once. Even the Trooper that got me for speeding. He didn't say a word about it.

He had a "ride along" with him. I think he was just trying to impress the guy. Then again, you should have seen the burnout "U" turn he did. You would have thought I robbed a bank or shot someone. I was doing 30mph. Not like I was running.:rolleyes:

Sometimes, I think the cops "profile" cars for drug dealers. They see the tinted windows, big wheels. Instantly think, drug dealer or bad guy. "My chance to make a bust.":rolleyes:

so im gonna risk getting another ticket lol, and i got 35% on the front and the strip on the windshield, hopefully an @sshole cop wont get me lol but i had 20 on the front and 5 on the back when i got the ticket heres a pic on the tint

Looks great.:cool:

He had a "ride along" with him. I think he was just trying to impress the guy. Then again, you should have seen the burnout "U" turn he did. You would have thought I robbed a bank or shot someone. I was doing 30mph. Not like I was running.:rolleyes:

Sometimes, I think the cops "profile" cars for drug dealers. They see the tinted windows, big wheels. Instantly think, drug dealer or bad guy. "My chance to make a bust.":rolleyes:

i got pulled over on my way home from work about a month ago for my tinted cover. i was speeding i guess about ten over but the guy slammed on the breaks and busted a u so fast that it was if i commited a real crime and when he pulled me over all he said was your not suppose to have those around here. i just looked at him and shook my head then 3 more cops pull up and say the same thing i had half the ppolice force for a f*cking license cover lol

i got pulled over on my way home from work about a month ago for my tinted cover. i was speeding i guess about ten over but the guy slammed on the breaks and busted a u so fast that it was if i commited a real crime and when he pulled me over all he said was your not suppose to have those around here. i just looked at him and shook my head then 3 more cops pull up and say the same thing i had half the ppolice force for a f*cking license cover lol

lol. Yeah, cops

That is how it works lol

hell yeah, cause in this economy making your car pretty should be last on the list, so cops think you have alot of money or something suspicious lmao

They heard over the radio. You had "Crispy Creams".

i dont get tickets haha...maybe if i did sunthin incredibly stupid tho but ive done sum dumb sh*t and got away with it.....one time a cop pulled me by arm threw me on my hood....confiscated my bottle of henny....frisked me...all becuz i told him to go ahead and lock me up cuz ill make a phone call and get out in 2 minutes...needless to say...he pulled out my id...couple of other cards...and let me go...bastard....

Coming from someone who used to tint windows for a living, i personally cant stand driving around in a fish bowl for everyone to see me. So i tinted my LS myself.

-5% on the Front Doors
-DOUBLE 5% on Back Doors
-20% Back Glass (for more visibility at ngiht)
-35% down the Windshield

Smitty3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back