couple pics with new wheels and tires

I hope you got em for free man. If not you really had to do some homework before gettin wheels.

You would be crazy to race at the track with adapters on your wheels. Just sell those wheels and start over.

The offset isn't for me but I love the way the wheels look. I've been toying with the idea of doing something different with mine. No bigger than 17" though.

Looks like a little kid wearing his dad's shoes. Looks different, I'd be scared of the rubbing. I'm 50/50 on this

if you could have got those in a 17x8 and put a narrower tire on them it would cut down on the sticking out a little bit...

yeah...they stick out so far bc i had to have adapters..without the adapters i think they would have looked pretty good. but oh well. when i put the stock wheels back on i actually liked them more :) they aren't stock for a 2000. they're the 7 spoke chrome wheels from a gen 2

if you could have got those in a 17x8 and put a narrower tire on them it would cut down on the sticking out a little bit...
They are 17x8s, not 9s as previously mentioned. All 17x8 SN-95 Mustang wheels have a 30mm offset, FWIW.

Glad you went back to a stock style wheel. Those chrome 7 spokes are an attractive wheel style.

take them to machine shop and have the back of the wheel that sits on hub milled down,and mill down the adapter plate as well

You won't be able to mill off enough material (from both the spacer and the wheel) to safely bolt those back on. Ditch them and forget it. Oh wait...he already did.

I wouldnt be worried about rubbing so much as of the fact that theyre gonna be throwing rocks and anything else on the road RIGHT down the side of your LS....

wide body kit would have made that LS stance sick IMHO. everyone has different taste and i actually like the direction the OP took with this rather than 24's or lifted, etc... the thought was there but the execution wasn't the greatest, but there was potential there none-the-less

I actually had thought of a wide body kit (i think i mentioned it earlier) but idk where to start as far as finding someone to fab it.

OH TREE LS thanks for the info. once i get my engine done i'll look into that.
on another note..i just realized you're from south bend. not too far from me

No prob.

I know a few people in the Indy area. You ever go to Fast Times on 96th & Keystone?

yeah! i've been there a few times. not recently though.
are there any LVC members down here?

Not that I know of. I haven't been here long enough to get to know anyone, lol.

I'd be scared of the rubbing. I'm 50/50 on this

rubbing is not going to be the problem, first time you catch a big dip or bump, its going to crush the fenders.

it looks like the cars from back in the early 90' with gold daytons that stick out 4" from the fender

damn, i didnt ever realize it, i thought it showed up in bold in the browser, like it had fresh comments.

Members online

Back