performing EATC diagnostic on 97 Town Car

SouthCrackalack

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I wanted to do this to try to determine my problem I am having with my 97 Lincoln. It seems I may have a bad blend door actuator..and I came across a webpage about performing a EATC test which could help determine this. My question is..being I have no clue about EATC diagnostics...is this a test I can run without equiptment?-or would I have to hook external equiptment to test this? thanks.

Hi SouthCrackalack

Yeah you can do it with no tools, press the OFF and FlOOR buttons simutaneously then (within 2 seconds) press the AUTO button, a tracer will appear on the display followed by any fault codes (it may take 30 seconds) so get ready to write them down, to exit the test press the cooler (blue) button.

Regards

Dereck

Dereck said:
Hi SouthCrackalack

Yeah you can do it with no tools, press the OFF and FlOOR buttons simutaneously then (within 2 seconds) press the AUTO button, a tracer will appear on the display followed by any fault codes (it may take 30 seconds) so get ready to write them down, to exit the test press the cooler (blue) button.

Regards

Dereck

thanks. you seem to be the man!

EATC test

I have a 97 TC and cant get it to perform the test. I press OFF and FLOOR and the same time, with the car running and without it running. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a connection under the dash I cant see?

Members online

No members online now.
Back