LS AC compressor

P

Projector

How do, new member here. I don't have a Lincoln and won't be getting one, mainly just here for a quick bit of information.

I'm working on a custom job, and am needing a new compressor. I see that the 2000 - 2004 Lincoln LS uses a scroll compressor, which is what I want for my application. I also need one that bolts straight down for my application, and pictures I've seen of the Lincoln compressor for the 3.9L looks like the mount bolts go down through the top. Can anyone confirm this for me? A pic would be nice if anyone has one.

What I'm working on is a full custom GMC S15 ext cab, and this compressor will be part of a motor-driven accessory setup I plan to install under the bed. I'll be driving only the water pump and a high voltage alternator off the engine, with all accessories driven off a motor powered by the high voltage alternator. While it is more efficient to run these accessories directly off the engine, this project will eventually allow me to do a full electric conversion on the truck.

So far as the Lincoln LS goes, I've liked that one since it came out. If I were a single man and the LS came with a V8 manual instead of limiting the manuals to the V6 I'd be all over one. Wife can't drive a stick and I won't get a car that everyone can't drive. Thanks.

Anyone? Just need to know what orientation the compressor bolts to the engine, hopefully the bolts go straight down to mount. Thanks.

Never mind, close my account. I just realized after reading a few of the other posts here that this is a rice board. I'll go try and find an LS board with gearheads on it.

rice board? as in condoleezza?

Condoleezza-Rice-R.jpg

LVC, i thought i had a bad cat from the rattle under my LS, but it ends up being the AC compressor. the noise is obviously coming from the ac compressor, and i see oil has leaked on the hoses also.

my question is, i see some people have tackled this job their self, what is the best way to replace? drain fluids, un bolt? is it better to replace the whole compressor, or check to see if a certain component is bad like the clutch coil??

thanks!

hahahahhaa , rice board, theres not to much rice about the LS, this kid was probally as pissed as i am about my ac compressor and he took it out on lvc lol i see these ac compressor failing are common

hahahahhaa , rice board, theres not to much rice about the LS, this kid was probally as pissed as i am about my ac compressor and he took it out on lvc lol i see these ac compressor failing are common

He wasn't complaining about any failure (did you read the post?). He was asking for info because he wanted to use the compressor for some custom project that he had going. Apparently, one day was too long for him to wait for an answer.
He wasn't even asking the right question. The LS compressor is a variable displacement design, so it wouldn't have worked well with anything other than the system it was designed for.

Members online

Back