Tinted front corner lenses??? Whatcha think

Chromebrow

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of tinting my front turn signal/ corner lenses and was wanting someone else thoughts on the subject.
I think it would look good but being the only thing tinted it may not look right.
What do youthink, What else would you tint, I'm using nite shades spray.

Do it all (headlight and turn signal) or dont do it. Ive used Nightshades on headlights before and if you just use 1 or 2 good light coats it odesnt effect the light outout that much. Make sure if you use VHT to follow it up with a good clear coat or it will fade in a few months.

i used night shade on my tailights and it looks badass but i dont think it would look good i wish the mad custom head lights with like clear cornners or something ya knw

What do i think? I did all my lights about 6 years ago on my first mark and it looked amazing, but i couldnt see chit. dont do it.

okay, you all talked me out of it. Ill just do my wifes (non mark) taillights and bumper lenses and call it a day.
Any of you got pics of your Marks done? I'd sure like to see them.

Our rear lenses are plenty dark from the factory. I have a friend that sprayed his, and at night with both our tail lights on side by side, there is no difference on light output. SO, keep that in mind.

Personally I wouldn't spray any of 'em. They're light lenses, afterall, and if you get in an accident, insurance can tell you to take a hike super easy if they notice. Hell I worry as it is if people are gonna stop for me, since the car's low. I've had a few close calls, and even been hit once! I don't know if they're staring and not paying attention or if they're just day dreaming. I definately don't want them darker.

I thought about tinting the corners on mine... but I decided it probably wouldn't look too good. And my car's black, so if it's not gonna work on a black car it's not gonna work on yours.

Thanks for the replies guys, Ive decided not to do my fronts and am still up in the air about the tail lights, I think just 1 or 2 coats so it just tones down the red a bit would look good. Not totally blacked out. I do have an extra set of taillights incase I dont like them or get hassle by 1X.

Thanks for the replies guys, Ive decided not to do my fronts and am still up in the air about the tail lights, I think just 1 or 2 coats so it just tones down the red a bit would look good. Not totally blacked out. I do have an extra set of taillights incase I dont like them or get hassle by 1X.

Rubbing compound will take it off if you don't like it. Just don't use the stuff that's so coarse that it scratches your chrome.

well the chrome inner lining off my tail lights is all messed up. that could affect the way they look. they do look darker in the daylight but you can definitely tell they are on though. i dont have any pics of the middle bar lit up but it is the same color as the picture i have of the corner taillights
38138280009_medium.jpg

heres one of the rear corners with the running lights on
38138280010_medium.jpg

and one with the brakes on
38138280008_medium.jpg

ive been pulled over twice since i sprayed them and neither cop said anything about them.

Thanks for the pics EVF. I really want to do my rears but its no rush Ill get them done someday.

no problem. if i get some free time (and i remember) i'll get some pics of the brakes on during the day now that its done. no promises though :p

sorry i took so long. i was waiting to get a better picture. it looks darker than i remember in this picture. idk

well it was off with the keys out and the lights off. i just stepped on the brakes. also the bright snow might be making it look dimmer.

i coulda sworn they were much brighter last time i paid any attention to them in the summer.

0221001225.jpg

I did my wifes car this weekend and it looks awesome. Nice and dark but the light shines out very bright even during the day'
Thanks for the pic.

your welcome. not that it was much use :) i was sure it got brighter than my picture was showing. heh but glad your happy with yours. now do the headlights lol just kidding

Members online

Back