cammed mark viii

sinkuchump

LVC Member
Reaction score
would it be a good idea if i cammed my 94 mark viii if so what type cams should i get and i guess the cheapest possible but i know they are hella pricey ?

if ur doing a complete buildup then cams are a good thing to consider, if you are going from stock and adding a few bolt ons then cams should be about #200 on your list.

Really, you're gonna cam it & you don't even know the difference between OBD1 & OBD2? You should read up on cars in general. Use search, gain a basic understanding of these cars & then ask some legitimate questions. I can't wait for your supercharger thread! & i'm sure your nitrous thread will be full of win too. As well as your electric turbo & CO2 injection threads. now I'm just being a dick, I apologize. But now I understand why people are dicks in the first place. Just so this post isn't fruitless, get some gears & exhaust work done. It's a 10X better return on your money. I'm not trying to discourage you from asking questions. I'm just saying that this site has a wealth of information at your fingertips & I encourage you to take advantage of it by reading.

Last edited:
well sorry for asking questions im just trying to learn more ya know i live in olathe kansas i have had my mark for 3 years now and im overly obsessed with it but im trying to find cheap upgrades cause i have a son on the way and im also trying to save money for my son hopefuly thats understandable but i have a quote on my exaughts sorry dnt know how to spell geuss i have to go back to school but that quote it 250 bucks and that include 2.5 inch pipe from the cats and the guy is going to gut my cats but i have to buy the mufflers so i think its a pretty good deal ya know i am starting to learn alot from u guys and i thank you for all that i guess u could call me a noob but more infor about mufflers and stuff like that would be great thanks guys
A.J.

Well that's a pretty good price for an exhaust. Tell the guy that you want an "X" or an "H" after the cats. He shouldn't charge you that much more for it & it will sound awesome.

if you are looking for cheap upgrades you better get camshafts way out of your head, just the labor alone to change all 4 of them would be enough to feed your soon to be child for a year. dont do anything inside the engine if you are on a budget. if you want some fairly cheap(er) mods, gears, exhaust, a chip and some under drive pulleys will make you more than happy for now!

if you are looking for cheap upgrades you better get camshafts way out of your head, just the labor alone to change all 4 of them would be enough to feed your soon to be child for a year. dont do anything inside the engine if you are on a budget. if you want some fairly cheap(er) mods, gears, exhaust, a chip and some under drive pulleys will make you more than happy for now!

+1

Cams are $1000+ valve springs another $350-400 then there is labor

i thought about using slp perfomance with slp off road x pipe

Wow, I thought you were trying to save some money?
I didn't know SLP made Mark VIII kits?
oh wait, they don't :bash:
Any exhaust shop can make an X or H. There's an exhaust kit that pops up on ebay from time to time, but if you have a guy that can do it from scratch for you for the price you stated, you're already getting the best deal.
You can get a magnaflow x pipe or they can be made from scratch much cheaper. Your choice. I would also suggest waiting until the work is done before you decide on mufflers. You may like it without mufflers. And that would save you even more money.
Search exhaust in the Mark VIII threads, alot of us have different setups & there are a dozen ways to go. But what I just said will likely be the cheapest route for you. Because yo baby don't give a Fu3k about daddy blowing all his money on mufflers!

magnaflow_x_pipe.jpg

alright well i will start listening to you guys for now on, will and x pipe get rid of the drone ?

i just thought about using slp mufflers not the whole system cause i knw they dont make it sorry for that too im still lerning like i said

i would like to find some cobra wheels too but i would like to find a cheep set but what if i took them off a cobra would they fit or would it be a different offset

Members online

No members online now.
Back