Junk virus email.....

00ls5spd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
anybody get one of these? I get one about once a week...saying I have a virus from the admin here and to use their virus block.....I know its junk but just wondering who else gets it....there are like five other members listed in each different email.

anybody get one of these? I get one about once a week...saying I have a virus from the admin here and to use their virus block.....I know its junk but just wondering who else gets it....there are like five other members listed in each different email.

I received two already, as a PM here.

I've never had. 00ls5spd does ur rear end knocks when u shift?

I want another one dude.. Now to find it is a pain in the butt !! I've done researches for rare cars and the LS6 5spd is not even on some of the rare cars lists. I think until u try to find one u can't realize how rare it really is. I've seen more jdm supras, skylines, silvias, etc etc than 5spd ls.. Actually I've never seen another one besides mine.

He sold a 5spd ls.. Lmao

Yes....I sold my LS...and miss it everday!
I never had a problem with the rear end. Mine was a 00' I had every other issue though. Loved the car but it just wasn't big enough for me. My F150 is faster and bigger! This summer it's gettin Blown. Whooo....Hoooo

I bet u miss it !! Dang, I would've kept it anyways. I think a couple of years for now u could sell it for a ridiculous amount of money. Im trying to find a cheap one but all of em on autotrader r 6k which I dont have..
Do u know who has ur LS ??

No I haven't seen it here again, and I haven't seen it in S.D. I know where the guy lives, so when I'm in the area I always look.

I thought about the collectability and rareness of the LS, but its gonna take way longer than 5-10 years to make a rise in the value. The mileage is also an issue. Most of the 5 speeds were daily drivers, therefore high mileage. Most should be over 100k by now. One other note is, almost everyone I have seen has been modified, this will also greatly effect its collectible value.

Yeah I know about the miles. But Ive seen 200k+ miles cars sell for over 100k fully modified at barret jackson.
R those the Sevas some guy was selling here last year ? Man I wish they'd been 19s.

I think until u try to find one u can't realize how rare it really is.
During the entire production run from '00 to '02, Lincoln made fewer than 1200 of them. Actually, that's not rare--it's a rounding error on Ford's books. I think Ford loses more F150s off the backs of the transporters each year...

During the entire production run from '00 to '02, Lincoln made fewer than 1200 of them. Actually, that's not rare--it's a rounding error on Ford's books. I think Ford loses more F150s off the backs of the transporters each year...

Lincoln made 2,331 5 speed manual from 2000 through 2002.

:q:q:q:q, they are only half as rare then! I'm gonna just keep on driving mine. 142K now.

hater

I think thats rare. Maybe not as rare as cars that only 500 weren made of like an enzo, but compared to how many lincolns were sold, how many were manual. On that basis, looking for a lincoln ls, it's hard to find a v6 manual so it is rare, in my opinion.

I think thats rare. Maybe not as rare as cars that only 500 weren made of like an enzo, but compared to how many lincolns were sold, how many were manual. On that basis, looking for a lincoln ls, it's hard to find a v6 manual so it is rare, in my opinion.

+1

2,331 5 sp manual of the 262,900 Lincoln LS produced puts it at just less than 1%, so for a LS that qualifies as rare in my book.

Getting back to the virus message... I have received the email several times now (as well as 4 others that show up in the message, including 001s5spd). I have deleted them, thinking they were just phony. Today I logged into the site for the first time in months, if not over a year. There they were in my message box, so I know they came from the site.

My question to Joey, as site administrator, is what's up with this?

Getting back to the virus message... I have received the email several times now (as well as 4 others that show up in the message, including 001s5spd). I have deleted them, thinking they were just phony. Today I logged into the site for the first time in months, if not over a year. There they were in my message box, so I know they came from the site.

My question to Joey, as site administrator, is what's up with this?

its a spammer, trying to get folks to click on a link that contains ransomware such as internet security 2009 and 2010.

the spammer signs up, spams users and their account is likely deleted or banned by the time you read the message.

Might not be a bad idea to put a minimum post count rule for PM's to be activated for new users..

I got my first one this morning as a PM. I went to the link in a Linux Virtual Machine and it told me I had several hundred viruses and trojans and tried to install a file named install.exe. I couldn't get it to stop trying to install the file even when clicking cancel. It couldn't install anything because I was running Linux, however. I hate to think what could have happened if I had been using Windows.

Members online

No members online now.
Back