Jamie has a problem (Virginia)

NoLimit95

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone live in Virgina, close to exit 118 off of I-95?

He is leaking power steering fluid pretty bad and can't really get under the car to see exactly where it's coming from. He thinks it's the pump because everything up above that is dry. I was thinking the return hose might be leaking but he still says the pump.

He doesn't want to keep putting fluid in and let the fluid blow back onto the headers and catch fire and end up looking like my car black car looks. He noticed it after this stop. He's not at this gas station anymore. He's at one across the street but was told that across the bridge, there was a station that done repair work.

0131101039-01.gif

Tell him to check the evo actuator, on the back of the pump. Mine leaked from the back, down on to the connector. Or, it could be coming from the weep hole.

Well, right now the problem is that the snow is a little on the deep side and the car is a little on the low side. Unless he's out in the HWY, he's in snow and can't really get under the car to look at anything.

The lady at one station said there was another station across the bridge, which means that they would have a lift and then he can see something. I'm waiting on word back from him. Even if there is a station that could fix the problem, he only has enough money on him for gas to get back home and he forgot to take his PayPal card with him. If he had that, I would fix the problem but as of right now, I don't know that this shop or station is even open.

If he bought a belt to bypass the power steering (if possible), what size would he need? He can handle manual steering on the HWY.

NJ is quite far from VA - he's only the state above me, now.

If he can make it down this far, then he can take my pump - plus, I have 2 spare bottles of Mercon V.

No, I live in Smithfield, NC - 15 mins from exit 95 of I 95. (I'm about half way down the state of NC)

Glad he was able to find somewhere - wasn't sure if any service garage would be open on Sunday.

If he needs some money tell him to call me and I will let him use one of my cards. PM me for my number. I know hes good for it. Or I could go to WU and send him some cash too.
Let me know.

Glad he got it fixed. He was about 70 miles from me when he stopped.

Thats a beautiful car. I want a gen 2 for a close to stock DD, and work on my gen 1 for a weekend runner.
Glads hes back on the road.
Drive safe.

Well, I woulda told you that he could have let the pump run dry and driven it like that for a little while. He told me he might give me a call on his way through NC. I live 5 minutes off of I77, the route he will take on his way to FL. My work, the Ford dealer is another 5 minutes from where I live. I am paypalling him 60 bux today too for some seatbelts.

Likewise..... if he needs a CC number, tell him he can call Ed and I will give him info. I have no worries about Jamie covering when he gets home and settled.
Hope he runs safe and strong from here on out.

Is Jamie Ok ?

I just got on here. Read about Jamie. Been having virus problems all day. Finally AVG cleared 7 WHEWW!! I just read all the guys remarks and offers to help. That's Great. The doctor took the water out of my knee sprain FRI and put a shot of CORTIZONE in. I should be getting over to Tarpon to let him do my HID's shortly. Hell everybody on the east coast was trying to get Jamie help,GREAT.

If you can hang tight a couple of weeks, I'm going to have a set of lights that he did redo and they will also have the 6000K HID's already in them with ballasts for sale. He just done them not long ago and they work fine but I'm going all new up front on lights and a grille with 10,000K HID's so these will be for sale soon.

Members online

No members online now.
Back