And shes gone!

What exit is he off of? That looks familiar. I can send him around the $3 toll at the Maryland line. Go off of exit 1B to the right. Turn left at University of Delaware football stadium which is on the right (Fridays on left) which is about a half mile off the exit. Go straight until you have to make a left or a right turn (about 2 miles) and make another left. You will run right back to the other side of the toll at I-95 on the Elkton side.

lincoln_sig.gif

Priceless:p

You really should. These cars love the highway and they're so easy to drive long distances. It makes traveling fun! I've only been to 9 states with mine but I've been to most of those multiple times, and I always drive straight through sometimes up to 17 hours. Alot of cars wouldn't allow that.

+1

I just put over 600 miles on mine today and drove a good 8 hours in it. Was comfertable the whole time, relaxed and smooth. Played with a S197 and a C4 Vette and averaged 25.8mpg the whole way and I was at 78-82mph for 80% of the drive.

Just wonderful, love these cars.

Mobil Alabama to St. Louis Missouri, Gas and food stops. But I`ve done it in a lowered pick-up and a lowered tahoe, in addition to the Lincoln. It`s all the same to me. Just set the cruise and pound out the miles.

As for this? Dude you are awesome! You are providing us with Jamie updates all the time!

Just a little something to keep some of us from being bored plus his wife can also come on here and see the pics in larger size, instead of cell phone size. He should get started again soon. It's 5 am my time and should be 6 his time. He should send a few pics soon, depending on when he wakes up and wipes all that snow off the car.

I told him to try and get us some city or town sign pics so we can get a better idea about where he's at. Virginia is ok on the HWY but not in the city streets, when he gets that far. I can assure you, he is on the move today and ain't slowing down for nothing. I really do picture him being back home tonight, kinda late.

Ok, so right after that last pic I posted, he found out he had a power steering leak about 10 minutes later. He took it across the street to another gas station and they said to go across the bridge and there was a station over there that worked on cars. Anyway, he has the car at a Firestone right now and it will be fixed shortly and back out on the road.

0131101244-00.gif

Car looks like it has been through hell. I bet he washes it before he makes it home lol.

0131101243-00.gif

I've done two of those "Pick up a car from out of state and drive it home" drives and love it. Both times it was an 8 hour drive in the winter, but I got lucky with good weather. Drive safe bro!

lincoln

hey jamie,
maybe it broke when i was blowing your doors off in my caddy? (twice)!!

---- im his brother in law from ct

Members online

Back