Lincoln LS V8 Motorcraft Coils and VGC (new) $200

swdobbs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
On 10/8/09 - I ordered 8 new Motocraft Coils and Valve Cover Gaskets from Maxx at Five Star Ford in AZ when I thought the coils were going out in my 02Lincoln V8 LS. As it turns out my LS needed a passenger side secondary timing chain tensioner, as a result I sold the car yesterday for $1000. The replacement coils had been on the car 12 miles (to the dealer and back) before I removed and reboxed them, the Valve Cover Gaskets were never opened or installed since the old coils were dry and in good shape. I paid $464.84, price is $200 OBO plus actual shipping cost. Thanks for looking.

LS001.gif

LS.gif

LS011.gif

LS010.gif

LS002.gif

LS003.gif

LS004.gif

LS006.gif

LS007.gif

LS008.gif

LS005.gif

Looks like a good deal, GL with the sale.

Apologies for such a late post but, what symptoms did your '02 present because of the bad tensioner?

Entire passenger bank of cylinders started to misfire. Significantly at idle, once the chain tensioned up, it ran OK/Good. Rattle under leading edge of front valve cover.

Post you question, a couple members here know exactly what to look/listen for. I think you can pull the cover and see if the secondary tensioner is intact.

Good luck

Apologies for such a late post but, what symptoms did your '02 present because of the bad tensioner?

Thanks, SW. I have read the Posts re the tensioner problems and was under the impression that plastic tensioners and most tensioner problems were pre-'02 issues. My '02 at 125K runs and sounds great but, I like to be aware of and familiar with symptoms at this age to budget for something new......my wife is not going to let me spend much more time under her LS in the garage!

Members online

No members online now.
Back