WTB: Gen 1 V8 plastic top engine cover

My question is why? They hold heat in and are a pain in the @ss when you want to work on the...

Oh and don't forget to come to the Beach Party in July ... you are only 2.5 hours ways...

My question is why? They hold heat in and are a pain in the @ss when you want to work on the...

Oh and don't forget to come to the Beach Party in July ... you are only 2.5 hours ways...

Well I just want to keep it looking stock and it just kinda bothers me opening the hood and not seeing the lincoln v8 sitting there. lol. I'll see what I can do about coming to the beach party in July.

I can understand for someone wanting to keep one stock ..

I had 3 of these that I sold. Took them off my cars ... But I like the look of the engine and they were a PITA every time I wanted to work on it.

Wish I could help you out.

I'll be up in River Falls in later this spring for a Track Meet at the UWRF ... will be a 2 day conference meet so maybe we could meet up for dinner at night.

It'll be like a date... lol.

I too keep the cover there. I thought that protecting the underside of the hood from excessive heat was one of it's jobs. I didn't think it was just there for decoration.

Over the course of working on my car, I've managed to lose all the pins, and even break the one clip that holds the cover on. Still stays in place just fine, and takes me all of one second to take it off.

Members online

Back