Oil Filter change???

BatMobile

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Just curious. Has anyone else noticed a change in the Motorcraft FL400S oil filter? I just changed my oil and noticed that the new one was a noticeable bit smaller than the one of previous (and all other changes). I change my oil every month and have never noticed the filter ever being smaller like this. The box and the filter have the same numbers as the older, larger one?

odd, no i havent noticed, i dont use motorcraft. how many miles you driving a month?

I noticed a few Motorcraft filters shrinking. I think the 2021 V-8 filter used to be a 2008 that was bigger. The 820s that most of my cars use got smaller recently too.

does not seem right to me either

smaller filter = less capacity = low flow? shop around for a bigger better filter, I understand that WIX ? has the better filters.

yeah wix is one of the better filters out there. Napa Gold is also a wix. I use purolater.

just stay away from Fram, they are junk.

I guess i wasn't the only one who noticed that. The oil filters for the V6 shrank in size too quite a bit. One way to cut down cost.

Thanks guys. I'll shop for another filter I just try to always use oem parts. As far as the miles I drive a month, too ashamed to mention :)

Yes, I used the FL400S on my '02 Taurus and also on a Jeep Liberty and noticed that 3 weeks ago during an oil change. I bought the oil filter at Walmart....when I go to the dealership to get my free oil change I will look to see which one they put on.

Wish I could find oil filters for the '00 V-8 LS like the $3.75 ones for the Taurus....

Members online

No members online now.
Back