Stored car = a mouse!

lscmkviii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have stored my car for the winter and the other day I went in my garage and oppened the hood and saw mouse crap on my battery! I looked everywhere for the damn mouse and couldnt find anything. I let the car run until it was warm and ran the heater. I didnt smell anything or see any other droppings. I need some help finding the mouse in my car! where could it hide? I did put a trap on my battery and last night I heard it messing with the trap so I hope it dies soon!

I have heard putting a couple bars of irish spring soap throughout the interior, trunk, engine bay, etc will keep the mice away.

I store my car too, but have a TON of mouse traps in the garage so I can usually keep it under control.

Running it will make a warm spot for them to go. They like to climb into the heater box, did on my brothers MarkVIII.

Set traps and check them daily, you'll get rid of them if you stay on it. Even after the traps go empty for a while, still keep them in there, you'll get more. I keep a few in my garage year round, they really like to get in in the winter for the obvious reasons.

I actually know where they get in but rather than fill the hole and just have them try to find a new way in where I don't know exactly where it is, I just put a few traps right there and kill them off. They aren't smart and just keep killing themselves. Got one last night as a matter of fact, and the traps had been empty for a few weeks. Peanut butter works good even after its molded up from sitting, they still go for it.

Take it for a drive..... eventually, you'll leave it behind like a bad date.

Been there done that.....

Both rocker panels were filled solid with mouse :q:q:q:q and dog food... used the shop vac to suck out as much as I could, the flushed it with the garden hose for a few hours, dried it with the air compressor for a few hours, and then used a undercoating gun and POR15 to seal it all up...

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

get some d con or other brand mouse poison, i put some in the trunk spare tire are,if car is stored, lay some under the hood.
when the mice get sick form poison it causes them to seek out water and leave,they will usually die near water or on the way to getting water.

i lay out some poison every fall to keep them out of my garage/cars

soak cotton balls in mint extract and scatter them around in the car. Mice don't like the smell. It last a lot longer than dryer sheets as well.

Just got to say... Thank God we dont have to store our Marks for the winter out here in AZ. And if we store them the worst we have to deal with is spiders. I hate mice!

Had a same problem in my 1990 Town Car. My wipers weren't working correctly when it was raining and muggy, sometimes they wouldn't even turn on. Yesterday I decided to take the whole wiper assembly apart and grease the connectors. To my suprise there was nest inside and it was blocking the drain flap so when it rained insted of draining it would drain on the motor. Cleaned it all out and greased everything, problem fixed. Now my wipers work like new.

_DSC9818.jpg

Oh, scorpions aren't all that bad!

The worst one is the AZ Bark Scorpion, and with that all they have you do after you get stung by one is hang out and be groovy, since there is no anti-venom for that species.

that makes me feel warm and cozy. good thing i live in IL then.

Oh, scorpions aren't all that bad!

The worst one is the AZ Bark Scorpion, and with that all they have you do after you get stung by one is hang out and be groovy, since there is no anti-venom for that species.

The sting of an Arizona Bark Scorpion is very rarely fatal, and yes they have developed an anti-venom for it...

Still glad we don't have them up here though.

Install a cat. Great product for tracking down mice.

For best results, do not feed cat for a couple of days.

I'd have to agree ... Cats do have a way of keeping the mice away ... then in the spring all you need is to put a bowl of anitfreeze out to kill off the cats.

get a 12 gauge.

Hmmm 12 gauge ... hmmm .... mice ... hmmmm can you say over kill ... LOL ...

That is what happened to my dads 1968 Mustang while it was being stored in my Grandmothers garage. My dad actually left my cat in the garage , my cat is an outdoor cat , lets just say when my dad saw the entrails and the ass end of a mouse on the hood of his mustang he was never happier.

Normally I would think that was a bad thing!

Members online

No members online now.
Back