Warped Rotors question

xarruda89x

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Let me first say, its good to be back i haven't been on the forums since the summer, i must say i miss it a little bit lol.

I do beleive my front rotors are warped. Does it cause highway vibration at times? Like all my tires are balanced so its not that, and i don't need an alignment when i let go of the wheel it still goes straight.

Warped rotors will possibly give you intermittent sound but mostly you will feel it when you hit the brakes lightly you will get a pulse feeling in the brake pedal.

+1

Yes, you will feel a warped rotor when you brake. It you get a vibration at higher speeds in could be just normal tire/vehicle resonation. Did this just start? or has it always been there? Could be the tires, it does not indicate they are not balanced, it could be the wear of the treads or some other perfection of the tire itself that shows up after so many miles. Or worn suspension components.
You can always rotate the tires to try to isolate the problem.

does it do it at any speed or just a certain speed range ex:65-75MPH only

You shouldn't feel anything when driving and not applying the brakes. Warped rotors will only feel worse the higher the speed.

You don't have stock sized/cross drilled rotors do you?

You most likely have a bent rim (very common, even when you cant see it) or a wheel out of balance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back