I don't call...

Frogman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.

Friend of mine's wife made this sign for me, finally got around to putting it up on the AZ house. We'll see how long before I get a letter from the HOA. I love pissing off HOA's.

1.jpg

Frogman and the HOA ... I can just see him going to the monthly meetings ...

The only thing my neighbors complain about is a Black Mark VIII with heavy tint ... doing fly bys

HOA?????
we have a Jehovah's church witness down the road from our house...new rule don't answer the door to a group of over dressed people. i miss the Buddhists LOL

(H)ome (O)wners (A)ssociation.

No parking on the street, no barking dogs, all roof shingles have to be the same, wrought iron back fences only, sheds in the back yard have to look like the houses, grass can't be too tall, no visible trash cans etc. etc. etc.

That's just a portion of mine. :rolleyes:

Ours is just a fee... they don'y actually do anything that I know of. In fact they are not even located in the same town believe it or not. last I heard they claimed it cost $18,000.00 to mow a couple stretches of grass every year.

I refuse to live in a house with an HOA....

+1

Cant stand HOAs, they are teh devil. I remember a story of some retired dude that couldnt keep his yard green enough and couldnt afford a service so they had him arrested. He was in jail for a little while before enough cash was raised to have his lawn done so they would drop the charges. Thats just freakin insaine. :(

I have 42 acres and no neighbors. Nobody tells me what I can and cannot do. I have a shooting range at the far end and never once heard any complaints after a few hours with the scatter gun, the pea shooter and my AR-15. One nice thing about country living. :)

+1

Cant stand HOAs, they are teh devil. I remember a story of some retired dude that couldnt keep his yard green enough and couldnt afford a service so they had him arrested. He was in jail for a little while before enough cash was raised to have his lawn done so they would drop the charges. Thats just freakin insaine. :(

I have 42 acres and no neighbors. Nobody tells me what I can and cannot do. I have a shooting range at the far end and never once heard any complaints after a few hours with the scatter gun, the pea shooter and my AR-15. One nice thing about country living. :)

how would the arrest him.
did you hear the story of the WWII vet (medal of honor recepiant) who had charges pressed against him because of flag pole, but he won this one

I'm pretty sure I can win any "battle" the HOA representative throws at me.

He wants me to take off the sign? No problem. I'll put up an even bigger sign telling potential burglars that I have firearms, however, my neighbor at 1234 xyz street seems to be against them, and does not have any. Probably safer pickins there.

Yes, I know, someone will now post a similar sign here. :D

Besides, I'm willing to bet my attorneys Kung Fu is stronger than their attorneys Kung Fu.

I believe the only thing they can do in my HOA is put a lein against your house.

For instance, If I was told to mow my grass and I didn't do it, I would get a few written warnings. If I still didn't mow the lawn, the HOA would hire someone to do the job and then charge me for the work. If I do not pay the fine, they would put the charge against my house until I go to sell. Before the bank would release the home that fine would have to be paid to lift the lein.

My neighborhoods HOA is not too bad though, every so often in the monthly letter you'll read something like, "People have left their trash cans on the side of the road too long." crap like that.

Now my friends neighborhood is so stinking strict that I swear you probably can't pee in your own backyard without a fine. Screw that!

. last I heard they claimed it cost $18,000.00 to mow a couple stretches of grass every year.

sh*t, you should go MOW that stretch of grass then send them a bill!!!

If they pay someone else or themselves (<--probably) to do that job, then they should be able to cut you a check for 18K.

Hell, mow it.. then send them a bill for 16K.
you just save the HOA 2K!!!
you should atleast get a "yard of the month" sign for that contribution!!

What if you don't have a mortgage on the house?

They add it to your taxes, without a mortgage you pay the taxes directly and thats where it would show up I believe.

Can't sell the house if behind on those. Or at least they would get there money then.

Thats how that would go I think.

Damn, I would hate to live in a place like that. I like being able to walk out on the deck and take a piss. Or trap shoot when I want to. 8 acres, although relatively small, does afford some privacy. Well, that, and the guy who owned the other 32 dies a couple years ago, and his property has been vacant since. :D

i wish my neighbor would burn his ugly house down, they moved out like two years ago, left the lights on since, but they come back once every three or four months to mow the lawn. that damn house is such an eyesore.

HOA sucks tEh big one!!! :mad:

We had no choice in the matter. All new subdivisions in our area have it. I resent the fact that we have to pay them a yearly fee just to be told what we can / can't do on our property. I still want to know what our fees are EXACTLY used for - I'll ask them when I go to the next BS meeting.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll make the dizzy heights of area president! Woot! :rolleyes:

HOA is the new KKK, and the people who believe in individuality are the new jews for them to prey on.

I'm pretty sure I can win any "battle" the HOA representative throws at me.

He wants me to take off the sign? No problem. I'll put up an even bigger sign telling potential burglars that I have firearms, however, my neighbor at 1234 xyz street seems to be against them, and does not have any. Probably safer pickins there.

Yes, I know, someone will now post a similar sign here. :D

Besides, I'm willing to bet my attorneys Kung Fu is stronger than their attorneys Kung Fu.

Put a sign up that says this house protected by ... but my neighbor's isn't LOL

Members online

No members online now.
Back