1/4 million and going strong

darkhaven

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ole girl keeps a going passed the 1/4 million mile mark cruising at 90mph on a 8 hour drive up to my folks.

Image013.jpg

lol thanks, Still havent had any real major problems with it. I do got a couple lights on if someone one here can offer some diag help I got a C1095 Hydraulic pump CKT Fault and 1409 EVR CTRL CKT Fault

100_152275.jpg

lol thanks, Still havent had any real major problems with it. I do got a couple lights on if someone one here can offer some diag help I got a C1095 Hydraulic pump CKT Fault and 1409 EVR CTRL CKT Fault

lol, the computer probally needs to be reset, j/k, imagine if the computer didnt think the LS would last 250,000 miles

i just thought of something.... is that all on the original engine? did you have to do any work to the engine its self?

Yes all original the only things ive replaced on the car are the front sway bar links, outer tie rods, valve cover gaskets, coils, plugs, upper radiator hose (cus i broke off the bleeder hose when i did the tuneup:( ) and the clock spring, and serval sets of brakes, tires and Mobile One oil changes lol. not to bad for 8 years and a 1/4 mill miles

Yes all original the only things ive replaced on the car are the front sway bar links, outer tie rods, valve cover gaskets, coils, plugs, upper radiator hose (cus i broke off the bleeder hose when i did the tuneup:( ) and the clock spring, and serval sets of brakes, tires and Mobile One oil changes lol. not to bad for 8 years and a 1/4 mill miles

What......nothing to complain about? :shifty:

Congratulations!

Oh and isn't it suggested to use D4 whilst on the highway and cruising?

WOW, That is something!!!!! Congrats, glad to see she's still going strong.

D4? No, why would you want to make you engine rev higher, work harder, and have more turns while cruising at the same speed? That is why a car driven 100,000 on the streets is way more worn out than one driven 100,000 on the highway. For it to get to 100,000 on the streets the engine has to rev let say 1,000,000,000 times.Half the time you're stopped but the engine is still on and reving so its still getting worn by use. But to get to 100,000 on the highway, the engine revs 200,000,000.Most of the time you're moving at high speeds and mainting the same rpms, in the streets it goes from 800 to 4000,5000/ revs depending on how you drive it.Get it? Those number are just used as an example not real numbers by the way.

I am retarded guys. For some reason I am thinking that D5 is highway and D4 is city?

I use D4 everywhere though (bulk city driving).... Is this incorrect for efficiency?

I am pretty confused now... DOH!

Okay I am done being retarded. Switch over to D5 for the highway, but use D4 while in the city.

Got it.

I am retarded guys. For some reason I am thinking that D5 is highway and D4 is city?

I use D4 everywhere though (bulk city driving).... Is this incorrect for efficiency?

I am pretty confused now... DOH!

If you want the best gas mileage and the least engine wear, use D5.

If you want quicker throttle response, then D4 can help.

Okay I am done being retarded. Switch over to D5 for the highway, but use D4 while in the city.

Got it.

No, D5 everywhere, unless you are in a race or going down the side of a mountain.

Your transmission is automatic. It knows what to do, just leave it in D5 when going forward.

Okay yea I knew I wasn't too crazy. So I guess I'll start driving in D5 unless I want to race... I have switched around before, and found D4 more fun to drive in the city for sure.. lol

Thanks joe

Members online

No members online now.
Back