Shock options

And what the heck does that mean??? I wish someone could give some exact answers, because if the lower mount is the same or "similar" then that end could maybe work or be modified to work in our cars. If the top will accept our strut mounts or be "similar" to be modified to work, but I cant get no straight answers. If I had some money laying around I would just buy them and see for myself since no one will give a good answer. Pisses me off!!!!!

The members here are sharing as much info as they know: Getting “pissed” because you are not getting the information you want then maybe it’s time to put a little effort forth yourself and since you don’t have money to buy them don’t expect others to do it for you.

You’re not coming across very well.

The members here are sharing as much info as they know: Getting “pissed” because you are not getting the information you want then maybe it’s time to put a little effort forth yourself and since you don’t have money to buy them don’t expect others to do it for you.

He has done the leg work calling all these people and gotten no answers, THAT is why he's pissed.

I know it's hard for you, but try not to judge before you know all the details.

Read into my aggravation, it is at the manufacturers who will not give any good info, not the board or members of the board. This board and many others are very informative, I would not expect anyone here to waste money to find out it does not work, just as I dont feel like wasting money to find out, cause as you know there will be shipping charges and probably restocking fees an crap. Also since they list different ones for the Jag, maybe one of the listings work better than others. At least if they would share dimensions and mounting info myself and others may be able to conclude weather or not they may work, not that they just have not spent R&D time on the LS and just say they have nothing. They may be a direct fit even. I dont know, and sometimes other people do know, that is why I ask questions on boards that maybe someone knows the answer to?? One thing you will never see me do on any of the boards is attack anyone, unless I am attacked. I appreciate everyones efforts and input, as I also contribute.

Just like GWL said that he wishes what "similar" means. I have tried even friends of mine that are reps for automotive parts to see if the warehouses have any while they are at them to compare to a stock unit, nothing. I have emailed Bilstien, Tokiko, KYB and many others with no good answers, that is what pisses me off.

thank you i been searching for bushing and sway bars for the ls since i got it. i have a base ls6 and the handleing is bad at high speeds, under 65 mph she great. i cant find any new shocks for this thing if anyone has a set of sport shocks for cheap of can get them at a normal price please let me know.

My problem is that I live nowhere close to a speed shop or suspension vendor. (One of the draw backs of retiring to a rural area) So I am unable to actually determine how similar the Jag S shocks are to our LS shocks. Bilstein has only recently listed the S shocks so I was hoping for a match. If anyone has a contact at Bilstein USA perhaps they have not tried to determine just what the differences are between the Jag S shock and our LS shock. What makes it all so frustrating is that the difference may only be a few millimeters in shock length or some other minor difference like valving.

I believe team Team Ford in L.V. has O.E.M. shocks for $80 and carstuff.com has a brand I've never heard of for $70.

If someone in California could contacr Bilstein and see if they can be specific as to why the Jag S sport shocks will not work on the LS, we might be able to figue something out. If it is just damping (valving) I can live with the Euro S valving.

The answer to the problem is to use an off-the-shelf shock and create adaptors to make regular mount 'eyes' fit into place. I've got that far without having done the adaptor fabricating as yet.
KS

The answer to the problem is to use an off-the-shelf shock and create adaptors to make regular mount 'eyes' fit into place. I've got that far without having done the adaptor fabricating as yet.
KS
So you have a set of Bilsteins Jag S shocks and the only difference is in the shock eye?

When I get a 'round-tuit', I'll use Koni coil-overs and make end-mounts for the regular c-o ends.
KS

Hello All.
I understand the shock woes...
But I am wondering, does anyone know the part numbers of the shocks available? Reg | Sport | Euro.
I want to replace the shocks on my 2002 LSE to keep it fresh.
The dealership is telling me there is only one shock, and “can’t find” the part number on my current one to order the exact replacement.
(Probably the only one they have in stock)
I have no interest in changing the ride. Anyone know where I can look up the part numbers for my VIN?
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Stephen

Just order them at any ford dealer, u shouldnt need a part number. Try another dealer.

I will be overhauling my suspension soon, so far I will buy euros.. unless something better comes up.
About the Jag S blisteins, first of all I think we need to talk to an actual S owner with them installed and see if they r worth the effort to fit them into our LS.
Also, I cant find any bilsteins for the S type online.. all I could find is the KWs
http://www.streetperformance.com/part/kw-automotive/shock-and-spring-kit/1393193-35231002.html

I dont know the overall weight of the S nor of mine :p (LS6 5Spd) it should be relevant.
If we really wanna swap in serious coilovers, I think we should all invest in buying a single s-type strut at a junkyard and have one of us try to fit it in, OR buy an LS's strut at a junkyard and ship it to an s type coilover manufacturer and see what they can do, maybe the difference is so small that even they may wanna solve it.
Its important to keep in mind than in cars, u can do whatever u want, anything.. as long as u have the knowledge, time, money and tools.

Im dying to swap in coilovers, but I dont have the money to do it yet. I do have the tools and time but the money.

Other option would be opening a thread, see how many of us want coilovers and then either call or email all the coilovers brands. I know Penske would build them for pretty much any car.

Weight should be close. Sitting my LSE next to the same year Jag S shows very similar main body & chassis.

A few years ago, I needed shocks. I found that the best way to find part numbers was by visiting LS Koncepts and trying to order them there. When I did that, all part numbers were shown for all of the different LS ride options. My understanding is that the European shocks are no longer available. If they get ordered, the number cross references into the sport shock now.

One way to decipher which shocks you have is by observing the paint color code. I believe that it is found on the top end of the shocks, dabbed on the mounting stud. Mine were Euros, with green paint, IIRC. My order came through with 2 Euros and 2 Sports, again IIRC. Apparently, the European shocks were fading already 3 years ago and only one end of the car had them still available.

You can always hand the project off to Max at 5-star ford. I've yet to see him get is @ss kicked by one of these problems, and the price will be far better than at your local dealer. I just asked Max to look up some bolts last week. Thinking that there was no way he would find them off my description, I also visited my local ford dealer on the way home. I was able to point them out on the diagram, and they turned out to cost me $38.40 for the pair of them. Max's price was something like $6 each!

I just checked and the part numbers are still there on LS Koncepts.

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/lincoln-ls-oem-shocks-p-86.php

When I was replacing my shocks, I did the same thing and looked at the part numbers on LSKoncepts. Then I called a half dozen or so dealerships to see who could give me the best price.
In the end, a FLM body repair shop was willing to do about $89/each for all four sport shocks.

So the Euros are the ones with green paint. Im going to order them now, what part number should I expect to receive to know whether they r euros or not.
Do u guys now where to get the Sprint Springs for cheap? The cheapest Ive found them are $213 + $35 for shipping.

Who is the guy from LS Koncepts in the forum?? I guess he is the one to ask that question, I wanna order them right away.

Who is the guy from LS Koncepts in the forum?? I guess he is the one to ask that question, I wanna order them right away.

His name is Ken but here's some info for you.

Euro shocks part #:1W4Z-18124-FA=Fronts; 5U2Z-18V125-VA=Rears
I would call TeamFord one of the vendors. They actually have them listed cheaper than Ken and probably can get their hands on them. The rears didn't come up when I put in the part number. Go TeamFordparts.com or parts.com which is pretty cheap too.

I just emailed parts.com asking if they still have the Euros or only sports. I hope to get an answer today, I finally have the money and now I cant find them.. :slam Im in love with my LS but its such a pain in the butt. :mad:
Do u know Ken's username? or where I can find a post of him to pm him? Ive seen them cheaper but if he has them for under 100 each I can live with that.

Greyghost is his username but man he's rarely on this site anymore since he sold his LS and plus he's busy with his business. Good luck getting through. You should just go to the website and get the number and try calling.

Members online

Back