New Guy

Andrew L

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey LS owners,
I am a new guy here and I came seeking information.

I currently drive a 99 Mercury Sable LS with the 3.0L Duratec. This car has been good to me but now it is starting to get up there in age turning 10 years old this past year. The car now has 136k miles and I am seeking something newer with less miles.

I have always loved the Lincoln LS and on my list of cars that I had considered the LS has pretty much won... down to the LS and CTS. LS winning because of they are cheaper and I like their interior alot more than the CTS's.

I currently am looking at 03-06, engine does not matter to me I have driven both and they both have good acceleration but I would like to find one that is very well equipped for a good price.

Before I make that final decision I was just wondering for some things to look out for when I go on the lots and check these cars out.

Also why is it so hard to find a V-6 with wood grain on the dash and heated + cooled seats?

Also do you have to use premium gas on these engines? I was told you can use plus on both but I just want to be sure.

And what kind of fuel economy do you guys average? Currently I average 22-24 with my Sable.

Thanks guys.

i was told to use premium gas on mine by both the previous owner and the dealership (downtown ford l/m) were i worked and bought the car from.

i get around 22-24 high way with the v-8 city i'm not sure supposedly you get around 18 but I've never checked.

as for the wood grain and stuff i really don't know why lol.

Shoot for an 06 LS. That will give you longer before you have to retire it.
The highest options were not available/common for the V6, because it was the low end version of the LS. I don't think that you can get the message center on any V6 models. The 06 LS is V8 only.
I get 19 to 20 average MPG on both my 04 and 06. Both are V8. It's mixed driving in both cases.
Ford says 91+ octane required.
Of the year range that you gave, 03 has the most problems, and 05/06 have the least. On any of them (it seems), you can count on replacing coils and the DCCV sooner or later.

Well I do mostly highway driving from work to home every day is about 20 mins.

And what is the DCCV?

Well I do mostly highway driving from work to home every day is about 20 mins.

And what is the DCCV?

Dual Coolant Control Valve.

It's what the climate control system uses to regulate the temperature of the air coming out of the vents. The normal failure mode is for it to go to full heat when it shouldn't.

I would guess that you could get 20 to 22 MPG, depending on how fast and how aggressive you are. There doesn't seem to be any real difference in MPG between the V8 and the V6.

If you want woodgrain, get one with chrome on the bumpers. The sport models don't have chrome bumpers, and don't have woodgrain on the shifter or steering wheel.

If you want woodgrain, get one with chrome on the bumpers. The sport models don't have chrome bumpers, and don't have woodgrain on the shifter or steering wheel.

Not true. The wood accents (yes, they are actual wood) came on the premium and ultimate packages. Here are some '06s.

Gen II ultimate Sport models do have wood grain (but no chrome).

My favorite. A little high in mileage, but those would have to be mostly freeway miles and the Carfax looks clean. I'm sure they would be willing to deal..... If you're willing to travel you may be able to do better.

Honestly, get the V8. If you get the V6, you'll wish you had the 8. It's honestly not much worse on gas mileage, as the V8 in the LS is tiny.

Fully Loaded 02 LSE for like 8k. 03's start around 8k for base models

I overpaid on my 02 LSE. It has every option available on the car and I paid $10.6k after tax in Sept 08. 76k Miles

I've gpt the V6, get the 8. the final gear ratio is lower in the V8 and the mileage is almost the same.

Hey LS owners,
I am a new guy here and I came seeking information.

I currently drive a 99 Mercury Sable LS with the 3.0L Duratec. This car has been good to me but now it is starting to get up there in age turning 10 years old this past year. The car now has 136k miles and I am seeking something newer with less miles.

I have always loved the Lincoln LS and on my list of cars that I had considered the LS has pretty much won... down to the LS and CTS. LS winning because of they are cheaper and I like their interior alot more than the CTS's.

I currently am looking at 03-06, engine does not matter to me I have driven both and they both have good acceleration but I would like to find one that is very well equipped for a good price.

Before I make that final decision I was just wondering for some things to look out for when I go on the lots and check these cars out.

Also why is it so hard to find a V-6 with wood grain on the dash and heated + cooled seats?

Also do you have to use premium gas on these engines? I was told you can use plus on both but I just want to be sure.

And what kind of fuel economy do you guys average? Currently I average 22-24 with my Sable.

Thanks guys.

get the LS!
WHAT UP NK!!! WOONIE OVER HERE! DEF. GET A MEET TOGETHER THIS SPRING!

i would say to get a 03+ V8, i have owned both a V6 and a V8, and the only difference is the V6 got a whole 1-2 better MPG, and the extra power is nice to have, also the V8's have an extended warranty on the coils for up to 100K, all the improvements in the 03+ make the 2nd gens a lot nicer as they fixed a bunch of stuff that drove me crazy with my old one, also do not use less than 91 octane fuel.

I was told to use small babies for my car's fuel. Man it just guzzles babies down like nobody's business!

Good! Some new members to replace all these guys leaving and selling out!:p

V8, V8, V8..... Welcome! Many go, but new ones comes :)

Is there a restriction on the warranty for the coils in terms of years or is it unlimited till i hit 100k

Thanks for the welcome guys, currently looking at a 05 LS. They were supposed to move it from another dealer but I dont know what is taking so long, that was last week.

All I know is that its silver has the V8 and has 48k miles and they want around 15k

I looked at a black on black LSE V8 for the same price but it had 62k miles. Herb Chambers, and they have a "no hassle" policy so what you see is what you pay. I dont think just because its an LSE it justifies the price.

Still lookin tho guys :)

Is there a restriction on the warranty for the coils in terms of years or is it unlimited till i hit 100k

Thanks for the welcome guys, currently looking at a 05 LS. They were supposed to move it from another dealer but I dont know what is taking so long, that was last week.

All I know is that its silver has the V8 and has 48k miles and they want around 15k

I looked at a black on black LSE V8 for the same price but it had 62k miles. Herb Chambers, and they have a "no hassle" policy so what you see is what you pay. I dont think just because its an LSE it justifies the price.

Still lookin tho guys :)

i purchased my LS at herb chambers, didnt take it there to much for service, its better to go to tasca ford, because herb chambers dont know sh!t about lincolns

i purchased my LS at herb chambers, didnt take it there to much for service, its better to go to tasca ford, because herb chambers dont know sh!t about lincolns

The One I am looking at is at Tasca. They said it was coming to the Cranston Location last week but it still isn't there. Friday I am going to go to the Seekonk one and check it out.

Members online

Back