Corrected Vibration

582Boat

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Since last January, upon purchasing my 1996 MK VIII I have had a vibration sensation between 600-800 RPM that has been very annoying. Had a mechanic remove belts, checked out the harmonic balancer, etc and came up with a possible torque converter problem. Went to the transmission shop and they told me it was the motor mounts, the mounts had become depressed and was allowing the mount to rest on the frame causing the vibration. If you have never seen what the motor mounts look like removed, you will never expect them to be collapsed. Had them replaced and now you cannot even hear the engine start up or running, it is so quiet. For those of you that have a vibration problem, please check out you motor mounts they may appeared perfect ,but maybe, they may have collapsed and you cannot tell without proper diagnosis . 582boat

Got any pics of the collapsed mounts?

Thanks for sharing that with us.

I have issues with vibration and cant stand it. Ive always thought about being either the motor or tranny mounts but never really heard anyone bring this up like you have.

Thanks a bunch. That saves me some time and $.

Just wondering, being the times that we are in now.. how much am I looking at to replace the mounts? Parts/Labor.

I have issues with vibration and cant stand it. Ive always thought about being either the motor or tranny mounts but never really heard anyone bring this up like you have.

Just wondering, being the times that we are in now.. how much am I looking at to replace the mounts? Parts/Labor.

+1

Corrected Vibrqtion

This is what hurts, $595.75, but it is one hell of a job to replace, the Transmission place had three men at one time replacing the mounts.

Members online

No members online now.
Back