2001 V8 LS (needs secondary tensioner pass side) $1500

swdobbs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
A couple weeks ago I got the dreaded news from the dealership that the misfire that started on Oct 6th (4 weeks ago) is the secondary timing chain tensioner on the passenger side. It has 12 miles on a new set of 8 motorcraft coils, ngk plugs (thanks Maxx). I have a new VGC set but the spark plug wells were bone dry when the coils/plugs were replaced. It was running driving/shifting great up until 22 days ago when the misfire started (I have not driven it since it was brought back from the dealership). It has 104k, black leather, sunroof, 6 disc in dash, dark tint, new tires, I've replaced the battery, misc interior trim pieces, etc.., its been a fantastic car up until a couple weeks ago. It still runs but I haven't driven it. Priced at $1500

DSC02251.gif

DSC02249.gif

DSC02250.gif

thanks guys

Yeah, I checked his profile. Because I wanted to buy it too lol.

Billings, Montana.

where is the car located other than "the garage" lol

Billings, Montana zip is 59102

Shipping is on the buyer's dime (obviously). If you are going to need it shipped, I belong to a national car club with members that I trust who transport cars for living.

Its looking like this LS may be the most expensive car I've ever junked!

A local wrecking yard owner thinks he may want to trade me $1250 in yard credit for it... he is coming to look at it on Friday.

Thanks for your help, I still really like the LS's (when they run), if there is a next time it will have to be a Gen II.

Thanks again.

Well it took a month but I sold the LS for $1000 to a local builder. Its gone and I was tired of looking at it in the driveway. I listed the new VCGs and coils on the parts Forum if anyone wants a set.

Like I said, I'll miss the car and this boad. Its back to driving the hotrods for a year or two. Take care and thanks.

Members online

Back