Rear Shock Mounts

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What shock mounts do I need to get for my new KYB GR2's? The shaft is much larger than than the original. I just tried O'Reilley's and they didn't have anything for me. Any ideas?

I don't know what the KYB shock looks like, but you should be able to reuse your OEM mounts AFTER you burn out the original rubber bushings, and use the ones that come with new shocks.

Didn't sound right to me either when I had to do the rears on our Mark, but it all makes sense once you have it apart.

BTW - much easier to access the shocks from inside the car, just pull the rear seat out.

That's Odd ... didn't think there would be a different shaft? Are you sure they gave you the right stuff ...

The OEM should work with the bushing they send with the shocks ... I have a set of KYBs on the shelf I need to take a look at them

The OEM mount don't clear the shaft. I'm thinking I have to press out the rubber.

100_2821.jpg

thats what you burn off, just use the metal mount with the bushings that came with the new shocks..............

Shocks

What shock mounts do I need to get for my new KYB GR2's? The shaft is much larger than than the original. I just tried O'Reilley's and they didn't have anything for me. Any ideas?
I replaced rear shock mounts on my 1996 MK VIII with Gabriels Guardian Shocks, burned out the rubber on the original brackets and inserted the rubber bushing, completed the installation and still had a clunk or rattle in the rear. I then purchased shocks from Arrnett, installed and now have no rattle and rides great. Just a though.582boat

Members online

No members online now.
Back