Wiper woes on my '96.

Budderbean

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone else experienced this? I will sometimes turn on the wipers. (It sometimes rains up here in Washington) When I turn them off, they will intermittently park in the "up" position. I have to turn it on and off several times to get them to park in the correct position. My multiswitch isnt loose at all. (My Mark 7 had a loose selector switch and would sometimes not even want to work) I have a parts car and am hoping one of you has had this issue and recieved the fix from one of us more knowlegable then I.

While on the subject of windshields....my parts car has a perfect one. My driver's is cracked pretty bad. Anyone had luck with getting a windshield off in one piece? Do these cars take the black monkey snot glue at installation or a rubber seal?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Anyone else experienced this? I will sometimes turn on the wipers. (It sometimes rains up here in Washington) When I turn them off, they will intermittently park in the "up" position. I have to turn it on and off several times to get them to park in the correct position. My multiswitch isnt loose at all. (My Mark 7 had a loose selector switch and would sometimes not even want to work) I have a parts car and am hoping one of you has had this issue and recieved the fix from one of us more knowlegable then I.

More than likely, you have a bad wiper motor

While on the subject of windshields....my parts car has a perfect one. My driver's is cracked pretty bad. Anyone had luck with getting a windshield off in one piece? Do these cars take the black monkey snot glue at installation or a rubber seal?

A good windshield installer can remove one without breaking it. You can also buy the razor blade heater thingy (Rotunda Knife With Offset Blade 107-R1511 or Rotunda Interior Auto Glass Cut-Out Knife Kit 164-R2450) and melt/cut the adhesive and pull the winndshield yourself. The monkey snot you refer to is urethane.

It's not the motor but part of the linkage that attaches to the motor. You will however most likely have to buy the whole motor as no one seems to sell just the part that goes bad.

Wiper woes

To correct the problem you will have to replace the wiper motor. Not a hard job, refer to previous threads that explain the whole process. I removed the entire hood, to make it easier to remove the wiper blades and complete the installation. There just doesn't seem enough space to do the job with our the hood removed. 582boat

And fortunately, if you take that route, the hood is easy to remove. I recommend two people but I have removed and reinstalled my hood a few times by myself. That is one advantage of the SMC composite! Then once the cowl pieces are away its not too hard. Although the brake booster can get in the way.

I would highly recommend having your windshield installed and for less than $200, you can get a brand new one without any hwy pebble nicks in it. I'm about to have one put in mine. I just had my rippled rear window taken out of my 94 and put the good one without ripples from the 93 in. It cost me $119 for the swap. That was removing 2 and installing one. Pic below shows what he used for the seal and the bead size. He did go all the way around and even double beaded in some spots just to make me happy.

DSC01046.JPG

DSC01047.JPG

DSC01048.JPG

DSC01049.JPG

It sprinkled 10 min after he got it in cause it rains here in Alabama too and within a few days, I took it and had it tinted in one piece. I promise, you don't want to do this yourself and for an extra $80 tops, you can have a new one installed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back