Brakes

NickT88LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Which brake pads and rotors are most of you using or recommend. Time for me to replace mine, just basically stock replacement, I have the EBC green right now, have not had problems with them but did not notice improvement from stock. I dont really drive my car very hard. Less brake dust would be nice

I was looking at Tire racks Akebono with the Brembo rotors;

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resu...el=LS+V8+Sport+Pkg&autoYear=2002&autoModClar=

I also just noticed on LS Koncepts EBC Ultimax General Replacement Brake Pads;

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/lincoln-ls-ebc-ultimax-general-replacement-brake-pads-p-280.php

I put some Monroe ceramics on the front of mine after that debacle with the EBCs falling apart. They were pretty decent and hardly any dust.

hawks bitch......lol but seirously i just got them cuz i had some money to burn, but they are pretty good.

I think most people that are doing upgrades are going with the Rotor Pros package. Other then that the OEMs are a good choice if your not driving hard. I know I hate this damned EBC combo I have ( Red pads and rotors ).

Watch out for some of the hawk pads. They are made for performance. But the trade off is dust like a mofo.

I have the rotorpros package, with no complaints. I also just got the ext. wear semimetallic pads with them.

You really can't beat the price. 350 shipped for all 4 corners. Rotors, pads, and Stoptech SS brake lines. Can't beat that.

Get Reybestos. I have them on all the vehicles in the driveway. They are very durable and have great stoping power.

I have the stock ones on the LS now and they suck. They don't stop the car as good and make huge amount of brake dust. Already have Reybestos sitting in the garage for the LS. I just have to change them.

Edit: And you don't have to wash the wheels every two days because of brake dust. I hate brake dust.

I havent found anything that beats new OEM rotors and OEM pads on all four corners. Nice cold bite, fade resistant on the street, average dusting, quiet, price reasonable. And guaranteed to work. Im not risking any chances with brakes. (ie pads falling apart).

what glitters at first isnt always gold...

I RAN CERAMICS from advance up front and stock pads in rear.. worked good for me.. barely any dust up front and the rears dont brake as hard so i was good there too.. i drive like a maniac so u should be good as well

Rotorpros!!!!

Watch out for some of the hawk pads. They are made for performance. But the trade off is dust like a mofo.

I have the rotorpros package, with no complaints. I also just got the ext. wear semimetallic pads with them.

You really can't beat the price. 350 shipped for all 4 corners. Rotors, pads, and Stoptech SS brake lines. Can't beat that.

+++++222222

Which brake pads and rotors are most of you using or recommend. Time for me to replace mine, just basically stock replacement, I have the EBC green right now, have not had problems with them but did not notice improvement from stock. I dont really drive my car very hard. Less brake dust would be nice

I was looking at Tire racks Akebono with the Brembo rotors;

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resu...el=LS+V8+Sport+Pkg&autoYear=2002&autoModClar=

I also just noticed on LS Koncepts EBC Ultimax General Replacement Brake Pads;

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/lincoln-ls-ebc-ultimax-general-replacement-brake-pads-p-280.php

DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT DO ULTIMAX!! They are a step down from the Green Stuff. I had Red Stuff and EBC Sport rotors on the Lincoln and the wife's Mercedes and have now put them on the Caddy.

If you do Hawk use the HPS or Ceramic. The Cermaic are ultra low dust and the HPS are a very low dust.

OEM for now. When it comes time to replace them I'm going to look at the Rotor Pro package if my rotors can't be turned.

I was checking around online, I think I am either going to get the Raybestos higher line (forget the name) ceramic, or the Bendix CT ceramics. I always used Bendix when I had my shop, was a good brand compared to most of the crap replacements.

Members online

No members online now.
Back