lincoln MKS vs BMW,JAG,Mer

oldhead

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Seen a show on speedtv the other day. Compared the MKS(turbo) against the BMW 5, Jag and Meredes, The tesing was done my Automoblie Magazine. see the video

www.6versus8.com

Good video...glad Lincoln is competing but the mks needs to look less Pontiac-ish

this has already been posted in ANYTHING GOES, try posting it in a non LS forum :p

The front grill needs to look way less like a 15yo kid with braces.

How can you not like this amazing grill,looks cool.

3963185530_21504af504.jpg

one thing is for sure.... those guys DO have a point

comparing a twin turbo car pushing 350BHP to N/A car's pushing equal/less power @ 12,000 feet is like comparing lance armstrong in his prime to a paraplegic with down syndrome and Parkinson's with no money to afford a wheelchair in a 1,000 meter race

the handicap @ the elevation is so much in the Lincolns favor I'm VERY surprised they didn't pull an EASY 1st place... it's clear to me @ sea level Lincoln would have made last place

then again, I'm not biased towards any make, so I see it for what it is

The fusion is already a friggin beast with that 3.5! The MKZ AWD knows how to dip too, my friends mom has one

Interesting to see if they ever come out with the V8 EcoBoost motor. That will be AMAZING!!!

that makes me proud of lincoln and ford, finally something from this company that can firmly stick it up the ass of mercedes and all the snooty :q:q:q:qs that drive them :p

that makes me proud of lincoln and ford, finally something from this company that can firmly stick it up the ass of mercedes and all the snooty :q:q:q:qs that drive them :p

as stated before.... 12,000ft

if this wasn't a biased reveiw they would have done it at sea level... and at sea level, MKS = last

or they could just take the 3.5L TT ecoboost MKS and compare it to the 3.0L TT 535xi... both full sized, both TT 3L sixxers, both AWD and both are known for luxury

but I think everyone on this board knows who would win that shootout... straight line, handling, braking, slalom, skidpad... everything

don't get me wrong, lincoln makes a great sturdy long lasting vehicle with luxury that matches the best of the best... but that is sort of where it ends, they can make a DECENT mid range luxury sport for performance... they proved that with the mark 8 and the LS... but nothing THAT fast

on the upside, I'm curious to see how de-tuned ford made this ecoboost engine... and just how much more power we will see from a simple tune, and also how much PSI the stock snails can handle @ max

I'm also interested to see how hard it would be to single turbo swap and just how strong the internals are... I'm sure I will find out soon

* 365 hp (272 kW) @5500 rpm, 350 lb·ft (475 N·m) @3500rpm
o 2009- Ford Taurus SHO 2010 model year
* 355 hp (265 kW) @5700 rpm, 350 lb·ft (475 N·m) @1500-5250rpm
o 2009- Ford Flex 2010 model year
o 2009- Lincoln MKS 2010 model year
o 2009- Lincoln MKT 2010 model year
From Wiki

I also read somewhere that the engine itself is close to 450 HP and 500 Torque... I can't find where though...

And I think the SHO is on par with the MKS in terms of Luxuriousness

And I think the SHO is on par with the MKS in terms of Luxuriousness

yeah for sure, I have a friend that is a automotive writer... he test drives new cars and then writes about them

he had nothing but amazing things tyo say about the SHO, both in performance AND luxury... he says the interior is on par with Cadillac

he also admitted that he thinks the car is more than capable of mid 13's... and not just a best of mid 13's... but 100% consistent 13's, he told me he purposely tried to make the launch bog and it's pretty much childsplay to get the car off the line hard, he also went on to say that the paddle shifters in the SHO are 800 times better than the paddle shifters in the new camaro (more respoive, hearder shifts etc etc)

that being said... he had one b!tch about the car

get a full loaded SHO with the highest package available with dealer markup and every option and you are looking at a $45-$47K car... a figure that not only dwarfs the ddge R/T LX lineup... but the dodge SRT8 LX linup as well, and to get further into it, at that price you could talk a dealer down into a 2010 LS3 vette :-/

The MKS has more weight and less power at sea level than almost all of the other cars it was raced against. It was the 2nd heaviest and lowest powered of the group. The only advantage handicap it got was from the forced induction at higher elevation.

This doesn't proof that it's a better drivers or a better performance car,
merely that it doesn't suck and that the 6 cylinder output is competitive and respectable.

..for the record, this is probably the 4th thread on this video.

+1 this has ben shown too much! delete them all except the one in the MKS threads!!! lol

The MKS has more weight and less power at sea level than almost all of the other cars it was raced against. It was the 2nd heaviest and lowest powered of the group.

more weight and less power... and more than likely less handling

do you know how much of a handicap 12,000ft is comparing N/A to F/I?

maybe I just hang out at the dragstrip too much lol

just to give you a little idea....

14.7PSI is atmospheric pressure... 12PSI is the stock ecoboost 3.5L PSI

14.7 + 12 = 26.7PSI

14.7PSI is atmospheric pressure at sea level... every 2,000ft you go is 1.1PSI dropped

so @ 12,000 ft atmospheric pressure is roughly 8.7PSI... add corrected atmopheric pressure to your stock PSI

8.7 + 12 = 20.7PSI

now you have to calculate the percentage of air loss you lose compared to sea level... so divide

20.7/26.7 = 78%, so you would have 22% less pressure through an turbocharged engine running 12PSI

now... compare what the loss would be with a N/A car of the same caliber, so instead of boost pressure we have to divide atmospheric pressure

8.7/14.7 = 59%, so 41% less pressure through the N/A engine

now that we have our figures let's calculate to make the MKS a naturally aspirated 350BHP like the rest...

Ecoboost 350BHP @ 12,000ft = 273BHP 3.5L TT DOHC V6

if the car was naturally aspirated and making the same power?

it would only make 207BHP... making it's WHP less than a 99-04 V6 mustang considering it has to go through an AWD drivetrain

like I said, the comparison is so biased and the handicap is so large... you might as well have put phelps in a swimming match against a dead dog

more weight and less power... and more than likely less handling

do you know how much of a handicap 12,000ft is comparing N/A to F/I?

maybe I just hang out at the dragstrip too much lol

just to give you a little idea....

14.7PSI is atmospheric pressure... 12PSI is the stock ecoboost 3.5L PSI

14.7 + 12 = 26.7PSI

14.7PSI is atmospheric pressure at sea level... every 2,000ft you go is 1.1PSI dropped

so @ 12,000 ft atmospheric pressure is roughly 8.7PSI... add corrected atmopheric pressure to your stock PSI

8.7 + 12 = 20.7PSI

now you have to calculate the percentage of air loss you lose compared to sea level... so divide

20.7/26.7 = 78%, so you would have 22% less pressure through an turbocharged engine running 12PSI

now... compare what the loss would be with a N/A car of the same caliber, so instead of boost pressure we have to divide atmospheric pressure

8.7/14.7 = 59%, so 41% less pressure through the N/A engine

now that we have our figures let's calculate to make the MKS a naturally aspirated 350BHP like the rest...

Ecoboost 350BHP @ 12,000ft = 273BHP 3.5L TT DOHC V6

if the car was naturally aspirated and making the same power?

it would only make 207BHP... making it's WHP less than a 99-04 V6 mustang considering it has to go through an AWD drivetrain

like I said, the comparison is so biased and the handicap is so large... you might as well have put phelps in a swimming match against a dead dog

lol so my V6 mustang can cut through a mountain faster than a MKS could go up it. LOL

Very Very nice video. The MKS engine works better at that height because of the turbos but the 550i handling really worked right there. I think if they would have tested the TT 535i it might have been even faster.

Great Video and cool cars.

Members online

No members online now.
Back