new to the site.. have a question about lse bumper upgrade 2005

65fordguy

LVC Member
Reaction score
first off Hi, im new here.. look forward to contributing to the site. The ls is my wifes car and we have had it for 3 years... its time to make it look better...
so we are starting with the lse bumper upgrade.

....I just purchased a new lse bumper for the Lincoln ls... going to get the bumper painted this week and wonder what all I will need to do to make the lse fit the ls.. I noticed the lower valance on the ls has a plastic piece that goes under the car.. im hoping that will attach to the new bumper.

any advice on an easy install would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
josh

what year is your LS and what year is the grille I only say the 2005 in your title but you made no point towards the grille or the car.

Btw, how's ArkanSauce :-D

If you are referring to the black lower valance piece on the stock bumper, you will no longer need that with an LSE bumper. The LSE bumper excludes that piece and also LSE models have matching color side skirts and rear lower valance. So the black pieces are no more.

The car is a 2005 completely stock v6 model.
The grille is just the stocker with chrome surround and black inside.
I intended on upgrading this as well at some point.

I did some measuring and looking after I posted... and I noticed what your talking about with the lower plastic pieces. and it looked like the splash guards
would mount to the new bumper ( the pieces that go back from the bumper to towards the motor)

As for the body side lower skirts... is that something that can be painted... or are there smooth paintable ones available. Granted I know anything is paintable.. but I dont want it to look like crud in 2 years.

Also had a question about the center of the bumper that is left black.. would I want to paint that black or leave it as is from the factory?

Arkansas? We need an LS meet organized here in the south! So many of us right around here.

lol. we could have a southern ls roundup.. why not I go to all ford shows and classic show and shines all the time... im into traditional hot rodding and meet up with guys around the south 2 3 times a month. so why not eh? appears to be a popular following with these.

Can you guys tell me where the mounting locations are and Im hoping I wont need a fancy tool... my buddies car took us about 2 hours to remove the bumper because we tooled around trying to figure out where mounts where and then once we found it we had to have a odd size star bolt socket...

What have you guys done about fog lamps... do you use stocks or upgrade to aftermarket.

Can you guys tell me where the mounting locations are and Im hoping I wont need a fancy tool... my buddies car took us about 2 hours to remove the bumper because we tooled around trying to figure out where mounts where and then once we found it we had to have a odd size star bolt socket...

What have you guys done about fog lamps... do you use stocks or upgrade to aftermarket.

the bumpers are really easy, theres (+)screws underneath and on the corner of the wheel well, then there is 2 bolts in where the bumper attaches to the fender frame area, once you pull back the wheel well plastic you can get to the first bolt, the other one you may need to remove the headlight, its easy

Some pics of the car... as you can see, I have a messed up bumper, while working on my project truck there the bumper got hit... pierced the plastic.

Wife wasnt too happy about it, so she is getting upgrades to her car!

I read in some other post that the fog lamps screw into 4 holes on the back of the hole... so I go out and turn mine over.. no holes.. perhaps they are referring to another bumper... but they were talking about an lse... maybe from a different year.. didnt say. Either way... how do I mount a fog lamp up?!? I dont see any mounting place except for down below. do they attach to something else?

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

pictured above you can see the back of the bumper with no holes. been looking through old threads and dont see any info on this.

I would leave the bumper grille black. Mine was all the same color when I upgraded, and couldn't stand it. I ended up painting it black. Did you just buy a bumper or did you get foglights too? My foglights are mounted with brackets.

You will need to get the correct fog lights for he bumper also. They do make LSE side skirts and the rear valance also. There are also aftermarket kits like Razzi and Wings West. I personally like the LSE kit. I have seen the stock black painted but that plastic is not meant for paint and it will chip easy.

You will need to get the correct fog lights for he bumper also. They do make LSE side skirts and the rear valance also. There are also aftermarket kits like Razzi and Wings West. I personally like the LSE kit. I have seen the stock black painted but that plastic is not meant for paint and it will chip easy.

Yeah, I figured the ls side skirts wouldnt be good for painting, they have a rough texture... I know I could smooth it out... but for all that trouble.. I might as well buy the real deals... Wonder what they run from ford? or is there another company that sell them?

Where did you get the LSE bumper?

I got it from the local ford lincoln dealer. 394.10
list price was 465 or so.

as far as fog lights go... is there an after market option that works as good or better?

Im not stuck on stock... but dont want to fry the electronics either.

Just FYI I had the stock black side skirts sanded smooth and painted. They've been holding up just fine for around 2 years now. It's all about prep and using the proper paint.

pictured above you can see the back of the bumper with no holes. been looking through old threads and dont see any info on this.

The fog lights mount to a plastic piece that mounts to bottom of the bumper and the front splash shield. It takes 4 screws.

Looks awesome. How much did it cost to blast that baby with paint?

Mount it!

Looks awesome. How much did it cost to blast that baby with paint?

Mount it!

I had mine done at the best-in-the-county body shop. No Maaco or Earl Scheib for me. I took the bumper to them and the damage was $560. IIRC, Maaco was ~$250.

Well a day in the paint and here it is... looks good.

43971895.jpg

76344737.jpg

Damn right it looks good!:cool:

I say get the LSE side skirts and the JT Auto rear lip. I say the JT rear cause it has perfect depth and nice cut outs for some tips. And the stock side skirts and rear valance fall a bit shorter to the ground than the LSE front,.... I think.

What paint code is that?

And if you can attach that splash guard do so or else that new bumper will sag!!!!!!!

Damn right it looks good!:cool:

I say get the LSE side skirts and the JT Auto rear lip. I say the JT rear cause it has perfect depth and nice cut outs for some tips. And the stock side skirts and rear valance fall a bit shorter to the ground than the LSE front,.... I think.

What paint code is that?

And if you can attach that splash guard do so or else that new bumper will sag!!!!!!!

Yeah, the car club I belong to hear recommended this guy. he is a real down to earth cool guy... he has a mid size shop here and does a ton of work.

he charged me 200 even. he does beautiful work. Im going to get him to clean the paint up on the car so its as glossy as the bumper.

He is also painting my truck when I get the body work done 2000 for that job. not bad really.

Ah, ok. It kinda looks silverish.

I thought the gold just came from the lighting on a lighter color like silver.

Members online

No members online now.
Back