The LS is officially no more..

NYC LS8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
..and I'm not driving a Lincoln of some sort for the first time since 1999.

Was kind of sad, actually. Didn't think I would feel bad when I walked towards the 'new' car to head home, but it had to happen. The amount of issues popping up and my desire for something more ballsy were the main reasons.

Put in the stock stereo yesterday, pulled off and out the white overlays for the gauges (always a fun job) and pulled the AVIC, amp, capacitor, bluetooth and XM units. Was able to straight up trade my K&N for a stock intake set-up the other day, but the exhaust had to go with the car, unfortunately for me. All in about 2.5 hours then proceeded to drive a little over 2 hours to pick up the new ride.

I loved my LS (the majority of the time), loved the way it sounded with those Bassani mufflers but it was time. Two funny things that happened with the LS that makes me think the car knew it was going - the emergency brake worked for the first time in two years without giving me a check parking brake message, and I got a check right rear tail lamp message when I hit the brakes on the way to get the car.

Say hello to the new car...

attachment.jpg

2006 SRT-8, turned 12k on the odometer on the way home.

It's been raining since I got home with it last night, so I'll throw some newer pictures up when it clears up around here.

This car has everything the LS did, with the exception of ridiculous power. This thing will spin them at will on dry pavement. I made sure to find that out. :D

If anyone lives near Boyertown, PA, keep an eye out for Fred Beans Ford selling my old LS. :D

I'll still be around, helping where I can :Beer

Oh, and I may be selling my AVIC with the bluetooth, XM modules, remote, face plate and wiring harness. Want to see how this stock bluetooth and NAV work first, so keep an eye out on the for sale forum in about a week or two.

Well, congrats on your new purchase! The car looks good. Is the SRT-8 the 6.1L? What's the H.P.?

As you know, There is ALOT more you can do with one of those. I know the website www.shophemi.com has quite a bit for the new Mopars.

Hope to still see you around here and good luck with the new ride.

300 srt-8's have the 6.1L and put out 425 hp and 425 ft/lbs torque. Definitely nice cars. Driving those was the bright part of my days selling cars.

Very nice car.

I knew it. Good luck with the new ride. It looks awesome!

Hope you stop by from time to time!

I loved my LS (the majority of the time), loved the way it sounded with those Bassani mufflers but it was time. Two funny things that happened with the LS that makes me think the car knew it was going - the emergency brake worked for the first time in two years without giving me a check parking brake message, and I got a check right rear tail lamp message when I hit the brakes on the way to get the car.

:lol:

Very sad. One of the few simple yet appealing LSes gone.

Like I said, at least this will be a tastefully done 300.

Is that Silver or blue?

A shame for the exhaust but you'll find way cooler ones for this. Along with the aftermarket you wish you had with the LS:D

Nice car! Congrats!

Hmmm... I really wouldn't mind one of those when the need for a 4 door arises. A good blend of (simple) brute power, luxury and sinister looks.

you definitely made the right choice. My grandfather has a black 08' 300c srt-8 and its got everything you need, and then some! he doesnt push it like i want him too, but i dont blame him! its too classy of a car for sure! congrats

only issue i have with the 300c's are the massive A and C pillars. makes looking out of it a challange.

425hp makes up for that though! good luck with her.

nice choice. i.m really glad it.s not a charger.

the 300 has always appealed to me style-wise. didn.t know you could get them with that kind of power. hopefully it.s not open diff.

Yea i always did like the 300c .. even though they are everywhere now, but i still think it was a good decision, more on the classy side, but yet packs some serious power!

Good Luck with your new baby.
Please keep in touch and write a reveiw. It looks vry clean. I wish you well with the new one.

what u do nyc u proly dont remember me but we ordered the grills that we were goona make for our rides lol wit pektel boy did that work out lol (never did) anywayz u were a cool dude man sad to see u go

I think the engine would be the only thing that would sell me on the car, not a big fan of the 300s. But if your happy with it, thats all that matters and congrats regardless. Its gonna scream with a exhaust setup, cant wait to hear that.

Thanks guys.

The 300 was 26k. Cheapest I could find with the mileage and colors I wanted. I could have gone a year or two newer, but then the mileage on the ones I saw anywhere near me were ridiculous. Didn't really want someone else's ragged out car.

As far as the new Camaro, not really a fan of "sports" cars. Always been a big, heavy car with power kinda guy. This thing suits my needs well. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back