"Cash for Clunkers" puts the LS where is belongs

WTF? I'm talking about Mustangs here dumb@ss.
Yea and apparently you don't know much about them if you don't even know the difference in year models. The LS comment was an example about how new models get put out before the actual year, but I guess you didn't catch that. Next time I will throw it alittle lower for ya.

Hi All, I hope I'm not repeating, (I searched this forum and didn't find this web site mentioned)
www.fueleconomy.gov This is the goverment site that reappraises the origional fuel economy of all cars. I didn't think that my 00 LS v6 would qualify for the clunker program as I get about 18 city and up to 28 hwy. But this site says my LS qualifies.
In my opionion my LS not a clunker! Even though I have invested a ton of money to keep her going, and even bought new tires with the 600.00 stimulus check earlier this year. It's still a great ride!
So if I decide to clunker it, I may want all St. Louis peeps to come on over and help strip her down for whatever parts (for small $). Cops, regulators, Hoen lights, fogs, etc....
What do you guys think? Thanks,

wait you got a stimulus check this year of your tax refund? Cause I got no god damn stimulus!

Hi All, I hope I'm not repeating, (I searched this forum and didn't find this web site mentioned)
www.fueleconomy.gov This is the goverment site that reappraises the origional fuel economy of all cars. I didn't think that my 00 LS v6 would qualify for the clunker program as I get about 18 city and up to 28 hwy. But this site says my LS qualifies.
In my opionion my LS not a clunker! Even though I have invested a ton of money to keep her going, and even bought new tires with the 600.00 stimulus check earlier this year. It's still a great ride!
So if I decide to clunker it, I may want all St. Louis peeps to come on over and help strip her down for whatever parts (for small $). Cops, regulators, Hoen lights, fogs, etc....
What do you guys think? Thanks,

The rules of the program state that the car must be road-worthy and driven to the dealer, not towed there. So, you could part out some of the lights, radio, window regulators, even climate control. However, most of the COPs and other engine parts have to remain on the car and be destroyed.

The rules of the program state that the car must be road-worthy and driven to the dealer, not towed there. So, you could part out some of the lights, radio, window regulators, even climate control. However, most of the COPs and other engine parts have to remain on the car and be destroyed.

Thanks for letting me know. I have the old COPs from the dealer when they replaced them, but I don't want to go to the hassle of taking the newer out to put the old ones in. But if some enthusiast needs newer COPs, they can take out my newer ones (less than 1 yr) and put my old ones in. LOL:)

that's what I was seeing about LS ppl parting out their cars before taking em in for CFC. Make extra money to pay for their new car ;-)

Members online

No members online now.
Back